Chapter 3

The day after Mr. Jeon introduces me as his boyfriend in the lobby, I head to the locker room from the penthouse. The second I open the door, everyone rushes towards me at once. Jaehwan, "Seokjin! What happened yesterday?! Why did you go to the I.V.C.?!"

Lisa, "There must be some mistake. There's no way you are Mr. Jeon's boyfriend!"

Daeryong & Soryong, "No way!"

"Um, err..." I let out. What should I do? I can't tell the truth about the auction.

Jaehwan, "Seokjin, are you actually from a wealthy family? And you are working here to experience normal life or something?"

Lisa, "Don't be ridiculous. Seokjin doesn't have a well-bred bone in his body. Tell us how you wound up with Mr. Jeon!"

Daeryong & Soryong, "Tell us!"

"...It's a secret." I said.

Lisa, "A secret?! You really think that excuse is going to work?! How stuck-up can you be!"

Daeryong & Soryong, "How stuck-up!" Lisa might be the one leading the interrogation, but everyone else clearly wants to hear the story as well. I am completely surrounded in front of my locker and just then I hear someone clapping their hands together.

Junghwan, "Get to work, get to work! We've got a lot of early check-ins today so we need to hurry!"

Lisa, "...Oh, that's right."

Daeryong & Soryong, "That's right!" Everyone returns to their places at Junghwan's insistence.

Junghwan, "Seokjin, you're cleaning with me today, right? Let's go."

"Okay!" I shouted. Was he trying to save me? Junghwan and I head out to start cleaning the guest rooms.

Junghwan and I finish making the beds while we clean a guest's room. "Thanks for what you said back there, Junghwan." I stated.

Junghwan, "Hm? Oh, sure. I will always help if you need anything."

"But aren't you going to ask me why I was at the party?"

"Only if you want to talk about it. But you don't, right?"

"Right..."

"It's not my style to pry information out of people. Can you hand me those flowers?"

"Oh, sure." I am really grateful for Junghwan's kindness. Just as we are checking over the room, there's a knock on the door. It opens and Mr. Zhang walks in. "Good morning Mr. Zhang!"

"Good morning."

Lay, "Morning. I just wanted to let you know, the guests checking into this room today have an infant with them. So go ahead and bring up a crib and our baby gift set."

"Of course."

"You might want to get a humidifier in here, too. The air feels rather dry in here from the air conditioning."

"Okay. I'll get a humidifier." I stated.

"And don't forget to include pamphlets on our baby-sitting services."

"Right!"

"Make sure you check the room carefully to make sure it's free of any dangerous objects."

Both, "Yes, sir." Junghwan, Mr. Zhang, and I check to make sure the room is baby-proofed.

"Looks fine to me." Mr. Zhang looks around the room with a nod and then looks at me. "By the way, I have heard you are the talk of the hotel right now. Everyone's talking about you."