Chapter 14

Cher's POV
"Hey I'm gonna go grab a drink, want anything?"
"A cherry coke please" I reply as Salvatore leaves the bleachers
"So this is you're revenge? Getting at Salvatore" Camila asks
"It's not revenge Cami, it's moving on."
"You're moving on quite fast aren't you?" Chiara asks from beside Cami
"What's that supposed to mean?"
"I mean that you literally just broke up with Nico like this morning-"
"We didn't break up Chiara, we weren't really together in the first place" I interrupt her
"Oh really? Then what were you guys?"
"What the hell is wrong with you Chiara? Why are you acting like this?!"
"My problem is you Cher! My problem is that you just go around from guy to guy. Do you have trouble being single or what?" She bursts out at me getting everyone's attention
"Enough Chiara, we'll talk about this later." Cami intervenes
A little while later I feel someone sit next to me and before I could tell them that the seat was taken I'm being lifted into the air and dropped on the strangers shoulders.
"Omg Nico what are you doing?!" I hear Cami yell as she gets up
Nico?
"I'm taking her home" he replies
"Like hell you are! Put me down Nico!" I yell thrashing around.
"We need to talk, and if that means kidnapping you then so beat it"
I then feel Nico walk down the bleachers whisking me away from the game.
"I hate you" I mutter as he keeps walking.
"No you don't, you're mad at me but you don't hate me" He replies
"You're lucky Salvatore wasn't there" I reply just to get on his nerves. In an instant I'm taken off of his shoulders and placed in front of him.
"Oh really I'm the lucky one? Because I'm pretty sure he's lucky that I wasn't there to pound his face. Why are you even here with him?! He's the one that's causing problems between us!"
"No you are! You're the one calling me a slut in front of the whole school! You're the one that doesn't trust me!" I yell back
"I said I was sorry for that Cher, I truly am. It's just the idea of you with that ass gets me riled up. I should have listened first. I'm really sorry darling." He says coming closer and placing his hand in my cheek caressing it.
Instantly my cheek nuzzles into his palm, it was like I had no control of it.
"How am I supposed to be with someone who doesn't even let me explain things first? What if that isn't the last time it happens? I don't want to be in that type of relationship"
"You won't, I promise. I'll be better, I'll control myself. Please baby I'll do anything"
"You're lucky I give second chances" I whisper as a hug him. I feel Nico hug me back and kiss my head.
"I won't waste me second chance, you mean to much to me" he replies
As we pull away Nico leads me to his car.
"Where are we going?" I ask
"I was thinking we could go on a late night date. There's this great donut shop that has the best iced coffee in town. And then maybe have a movie night at my place" he replies as he closes the car door behind me.
This was the Nico that I loved, the romantic one. The only question running through my head was if he was going to stay like that.
"You okay?"
Leaving my thoughts I turn to Nico and smile.
"Yeah I'm fine, just thinking" I reply as Nico starts to leave the school parking lot.
"About?"
"Us. It's nothing really"
"Baby, when it comes to us it's never nothing." He says laughing
"It's just... I'm worried about us Nico. What happened at school honestly scared me. You just kept yelling at me and not even letting me explain."
"I know, I'm sorry Cher I really am. I promise I'll never do anything like that again."
A few minutes later Nico pulls up to this cute little donut shop. Before I could open the door I feel it open as Nico stands on my side.
"Ma lady" he says as he holds out his hand for me.
Smiling at him I take his hand as he leads me out of the car.
"I know why you brought me here" I say as we walk to the door.
"Why?"
"Cause I'm pretty sure Cami told you I'm a sucker for iced coffee and donuts" I reply as we get in line.
"Well you're wrong my love because I actually just guessed if you did and I'm glad I guessed right. So iced coffee and donuts are the way to your heart?"
"Oh yes! I don't need flowers or teddy bears, I'm confirmed with delicious coffee."
As we get to the cashier Nico orders himself a cinnamon iced coffee with an apple fritter while I get a caramel iced coffee with a strawberry donut.
"That will be $10"
Before I could reach into my wallet Nico places a $10 bill in the cashiers hands.
"Did you really think you were going to pay?" He asks smiling down at me.
As we left the cashier we went and found a cute little booth to wait for our order.
"So is this considered our first date?" I ask from across Nico
"God no" he replies
"Oh, um ok" I reply sadly. Well ok then.
"Our first date will be way more special than this. I'd like to take you to this amazing restaurant and get you flowers and then go catch a movie. This is like a pre date if you will" he replies placing my hands in his and giving my knuckles a quick kiss.
This boy will be the death of me.

Nico's POV
This girl will be the death of me.