Ch 46: Falling Apart

Noon Mansion- Taari falls Sick

Taari Reeva and Shanaya return home from Moksh's naming and regale Vijay with stories. He is yearning to hold the little one in his arms but had to be content looking at his pictures. Finding him in a good mood ; Reeva tells him that her divorce papers are ready and both Aman and she will sign off in a week's time. Taari overhears and feels a jab in her heart and sits on a chair sweating profusely. Shanaya discovers Taari in that condition and screams out...

In Ritwik's place once the guests have left and the kids have quietened down ; Aman and Ritwik get talking when Shanaya is on the other side telling about Taar's condition. Ritwik barely manages to shout out to Renu Didi and Palak as he follows Aman out of home. When they reached Noon Mansion the family doctor was attending to Taari and her ECG was being done. He recommended that she rest since her BP had shot up and they allow her to be stress free. All of them are moving out except Aman when Taari holds Ritwik's hand and motions him to sit next to her. 

Both Aman and Ritwik caress her forehead as she sheds tears and goes off to sleep but they keep vigil. After 2 hours she opens her eyes and is glad to see Ritwik next to her and tells him "Vikrant tera bhai hai ; beta ....." and before she could complete  Vijay walked in to check on her and she tells him " Geeta is a hot headed woman but was never wrong, she never betrayed you but actually sacrificed for your happiness..." and slurs her way to unconsciousness. They wheel Taari out to the nursing home on the doctor's advise and she is admitted to ICU. 

 Palak and Twins

Back home ; twins get into bed with Palak and love being with her while Moksh sleeps peacefully in his crib. They miss Ritwik and keep pestering her to tell stories and bombard her with barrage of questions on daadu, daadi ...and finally tell her "King Daadu is very mean, he always wants Papa with him; he took her away from Daadi, from us !! We dont like him" 

 Palak is zapped " Beta, you can't talk like that. Papa will feel so bad if he hears this.  Will you like it if koi aap ke Papa ko mean bol de " 

"Papa won't feel bad, humne dekha hai Papa ..daadu se baat bhi nahi karte. Mama you call papa mean all the time ..."

"Dia Jia ...you cannot talk of elders like this, very bad manners"

"Will not go to King's house again; Samaira ko bolenge idhaar aake humse milegi aur Mickey se bhi"

"Kyun nahi jaogi; you don't decide that...."

"You don't love us like before Mama; you only love Mickey" and Palak's phone rang. She put it on speaker because it was Ritwik and they complained about her to him... "Ek din ke liye chhod do Palak; do you have to discipline them when they are feeling insecure.." and she quickly cut him off enquiring about Taari 

Rohit - Ananya-Pragati

Setu casually asks Pragati to come over  to their place and she meets Ananya and Rohit there. After lunch they take her aside and Rohit tells her that he needs her help to convince Dr Prerna. The past cannot be undone but he can take measures to correct it as her older brother. Pragati is shocked by his words and wonders where he is getting to. She leaves and calls Shivam to understand what is going on and he is equally clueless. Pragati dials her mother and Shivam visits Rohit's house. Dr Prerna finally relents and gives Pragati the gist and so does Rohit to Shivam.  He races back to Pragati's house and finds her dazed. She cries her heart out hugging Shivam telling him about the bubble that she has lived in all these years and hates herself for having burdened her mother and not understood her pain.

Setu urges Rohit and Ananya to meet Pragati and they go to her place to find Shivam consoling her with Palak on line. They manage to talk and everyone calms down with Ananya and Setu hugging Pragati and Rohit patting her back. Later Ritwik returns Shivam's call scolding him for not being in hospital next to Taari. He murmurs what happened and Ritwik instructs him to speak to Lawyer Sethi and get everything sorted for Pragati. 

As per lawyers advise the land was transferred to Pragati by her mother and the company owned by Puri's had to pay her a monthly lease amount. Rohit's father agreed grudgingly and was denying until Rohit said that he had done a DNA test by taking hair samples of both him an Pragati and he better admit the truth and his unscrupulous dealings. Rohit's mother was devastated by this discovery and left home to stay with Ananya for a few days. Dr Prerna was very clear that Pragati would not be a Puri nor will she ever stake any claim on their money and property. Her daughter would be independent and live with her head held high. Ritwik was proud of this decision and was glad that his daughters were raised by very strong women in their early years

Taari Passes Away

After a week of struggle in hospital, Taari did not recover and passed away in her comatose state. Vijay suddenly felt alone ; with Mamta in Australia and Taari now gone he sunk into loneliness.  Geeta wanted to but could not meet Aman so sent Vishal for the Chautha in Noon mansion with a letter for Aman. 

Vijay accidentally read the letter where Geeta expressed that she would always be there for him and he should not hesitate to ask her for anything. She also said that now that he is getting divorced from Reeva Noon ; should he want to leave ; she has excellent opportunity for him. Vijay gets agitated at Geeta again and curses her under his breath, wondering who got this letter and if Ritwik had re-united with his mother.

Reeva Aman Divorce 

2 weeks later Reeva and Aman signed their divorce papers and Aman wanted to move out of Noon Mansion. Vijay was shattered but Aman told him that he had to and when there was sentimental black mailing Shivam pitched in " Paa.., Why should Aman bhai keep on sacrificing for us; you gave him support does not mean that he is your slave, think of his life, his well being also if he is like your son..." .  " You and your brother did not give me support then what I can I expect from him ? ; sab ko apni padi hai ; no one cares for this old man"  "Agar aap ziddi na hote toh aaj Ritwik bhai aap ke paas hote aur Aman bhai bhi..." 

On Ritwik's insistence Aman decided to continue with Noon Biotech for few more months until Shivam and the new management team settle down but he insisted to moving out to a small apartment. Samaira cried bitterly watching Aman pack and Reeva explained to her about life and divorce. She pleaded with Reeva to allow her to stay with the twins for some days so that she can play with them and Micky.  Reeva called  Palak with Sam's request and Palak welcomed her with open arms. 

Samaira with Ritwik and Palak

Jia and Dia were warned to behave well with Sam and give her love and everything she wanted. Sam was lost and she would spend time sitting next to Micky. A day later Palak found Sam sitting up in bed crying at night while the twins were fast asleep. She calmed her down and brought her to her bed and made her sleep between Ritwik and her. The twins were a little displeased when they found Sam with their parents in the morning but Palak had to make them understand. Later Ritwik and Palak discussed about Sam's emotional well being and how to make her cope with this crisis. Ritwik thought that the twins were emotionally strong and could handle his absence but Sam was so pampered all her life that she is unable to handle it. Palak reminded him that "They did not know what it is to have a father ; and now if he stays away they will lose it and so will the little one" .  

Twins told Sam " Dont worry; Papa sab theek kar denge tere liye ...he is super man" and kissed her on her cheeks to make her smile. Then took her to Ritwik as said "Papa ; aap big brother ho naa, toh Sammy ke mom dad ko daant na isko sad karne ke liye"  He smiled at the confidence of his daughters and hugged all three.

Reeva came to meet Sam and then told her that she was going out for a few days on work and she can be comfortable here with her cousins. Reeva thanked Palak again and told her that she is actually taking a vacation with a friend as she she feels like a weight is off her chest. Palak was wondering if it was the same person Ritwik had spotted her with but just assured her not to worry about Sam and enjoy herself

Pensive moments:

Ritwik and Palak lying next to each other and thinking about future. Shanaya is on the phone with Vishal and they discuss how to break the news of their intent to marry to the family. Shivam is consoling Pragati and is shocked to know about his mother trying to push away Pragati from his life; Vijay sitting on his rocking chair with a drink and oblivious of the call from Mamta who is in Australia. Geeta turning the pages of albums and carefully placing pics of her grandchildren...