𝙾𝚗𝚎

𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝙾𝚛𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚜, 𝙻𝚘𝚞𝚒𝚜𝚒𝚊𝚗𝚊
𝙹𝚊𝚗𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚢 15𝚝𝚑, 2000
𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝙾𝚛𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚜 𝙴𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝙷𝚘𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚝𝚊𝚕
𝙾𝚖𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝙿𝙾𝚅

"𝗙𝗲𝗮𝗿 𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶𝗻 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗻𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗯𝗲𝗰𝗮𝘂𝘀𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝘄𝗵𝗼'𝘀 𝗯𝗲𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂"

Malikhi was just three years old at the time when his mother was killed in a drive by. This left little Malikhi and his father Justin to grieve and fend for themselves. They had just gotten the news and since Malikhi was so young he didn't understand what was happening or why everyone was crying and upset. His father was trying to keep a straight face but was failing miserably, so Malikhi decided to ask what was wrong.

"What's wrong pops, why's everybody crying? Where is mommy?" He asked which made Justin break down crying while holding his son in his arms.

"Mama is up there with Auntie May, ok? She's not gonna be with us for awhile but she'll always be watching you beybeh." Justin spoke in his strong New Orleans accent with tears in his eyes trying to explain it the best he could to his three-year-old son.

"Mommy left us?" Malikhi asked starting to cry and try to get down off of his father's lap. Justin took a deep breath to stop the tears from falling and he held his son while he cried.

Malikhi's mother, Kalahni, was the love of Justin's life. When he heard that she was shot he immediately blamed himself seeing that he was the one in the street shit, but little did he know it had nothing to do with him. She was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. He called her friends, the little bit of family that still talked to her, and his homeboys. Most of Kelahni's family stopped speaking to her when they got together because he was in th streets trapping. Only very few of her cousins still talked to her but everyone else cut off. Her cousins had left as soon the doctor announced her death and his homeboys wanted to give him space so they stayed at his house waiting for him to return.

But for right now, everone in the hospital was devastated and heartbroken at the scene that unfolding in front of them. They all watched in pity as Justin and Malikhi both cried their eyes out in the chair. After a while Justin realized how late it was and got up to drive home.

When they got onto the road heading to their 2 bedroom apartment they saw that there was a horrible car wreck on the street.

"I hope that whoever that is, is okay." Justin spoke shaking his head.

Little did they know it was Ashlyn and her parents driving home from the movie theater. Ashlyn's mother, Teresa, was driving the car when a drunk driver came and hit the side of the car full speed.

"Mommy! Dada!" Ashlyn screamed after the impact. Luckily they weren't far from the hospital so medical assistance got there as soon as possible.

But, they were too late. Teresa and Ashlyn's father, Amahd, were gone. Their bodies in a mangled ball of limbs. Ashlyn was the only one who survived the crash.

When Ashlyn saw the flashing lights she screamed trying to get out of the carseat that was strapping her down. The ambulance pulled up to the car and somehow pried the door open, and got her out. She cried and held on to the man who pulled her out of the car. She was terrified and hurt, but the cuts and bruises were very minor, she didn't even have a broken bone.

They got her all patched up and called the closest living family member she had, which was her Aunt Tammy, who hated her mother. Tammy was skinny, an alcoholic, and not that pretty. So she envied her younger sister's slim-thick body, her handsome husband, her looks, and her bubbly personality.

When she got to the hospital, she was smiling on the inside because she got another excuse to get money from the government other than child support for her two daughters. She faked like she was very upset and hurt about her sister's death, but in all reality she just wanted to go home and get drunk. She picked up two-year-old Ashlyn who didn't know her that well and was already fussy from being tired.

"Calm down punkin, I'll take care of you." Tammy spoke rubbing her back.

Tammy took her to her house, and called the adoption agency to start the process of getting custody of her. She wanted to get custody as fast as she could because that meant she got more money. When she got off of the phone with the agency, Ashlyn was playing with piece of Kleenex while sitting on the floor.

"Stop touching shit you little brat!" Tammy yelled slapping her across the face. Ashlyn screamed in pain holding her now swollen cheek.

"Mama!" Ashlyn yelled trying to get up and crawl away, but Tammy pushed her back down lighting a cigarette. She layed down in the bed and blew out a cloud of smoke.

"You're sleeping on the floor." Tammy spoke coldly sitting her on the floor.

On the other side of town, Malikhi and Justin were up, both of them just staring at the ceiling. They had eaten leftovers from dinner Kalahni made the night before, leading to Justin crying again. Which made Malikhi cry because it made him sad. But soon they will all realize that this happened for a reason.

'Pain is only temporarily intolerable, most of the time....'

===========================================

929 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜
𝚆𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚗 𝚘𝚗: 𝚂𝚎𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 19𝚝𝚑, 2020
𝙿𝚞𝚋𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚑𝚎𝚍 𝚘𝚗: 𝚂𝚎𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 25𝚝𝚑, 2020
𝙰𝙽: 𝙷𝚘𝚠 𝚢𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜?
𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚝𝚠𝚘?
𝙰𝚠𝚠 𝚙𝚘𝚘𝚛 𝚋𝚊𝚋𝚒𝚎𝚜, 𝚒𝚝'𝚕𝚕 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑, 𝚖𝚊𝚢𝚋𝚎. 🤫

-𝚂𝚜.𝙷𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚜𝚎𝚛