01.

sorry for the waaaait! hope you enjoy! x

---❀✿❁

        "No, I am not ready. Do I look ready to you?" 

        My Butler, Edgar, has the most idiotic mind sometimes. And, well, you could say it was quite a surprise. With his fine coats and twisty moustache and glasses that glimmer when ever the sun hits their tiny circles, and that upper class vibe he seems to carry, you would think he'd be smart enough to know Kellin Quinn does not leave for his shopping trip in the city of Paris dressed in a pair of board shorts and love heart shaped sun glasses. 

        "Sorry, Mr. Quinn. Er, but... The plane has been ready for quite some time and the pilot has been waiting for you for over an hour." 

        Oh, how selfish of him to whine about such a thing. How about me, huh? I'm the poor boy who had to wait six months for this trip. Six whole months! Because daddy decided I had to finish my last year of middle school. I mean really, why do I need the blasted history exams and littered playgrounds, anyway? As if I need to be smart when I have literally got all I need in this life. Money, and looks. The best looks one could ever have, let's be honest. 

        "Well, you'll just have to tell him to wait another hour, won't you? I want to catch a few more rays before I leave." 

        "But sir, he really hasn't the time to --"

        I gave Edgar my most well practised impassive look. One eyebrow up, nostrils breathed in and lips tight. My number one best friend -- home girl, Marrissa told me a while back that I appeared more constipated than cross eyed when I did the look but, what ever, Edgar got the message, took backwards steps towards the door, and in a flick of a lambs tail, he was gone, as though he were never here.

        Ah, peace and quiet. Perfect.

        Just as I was enjoying the touch of warm Summer's heat laying placid on my skin, and the sight of ripples in the bright blue pool in front of me, something ahead caught my eye. And soon, that eye, along with the other one, squinted in absolute fury. A few yards in front of me sat my grand tennis court, though it wasn't empty like it was supposed to be. Two boys were peeking through the high fence, dressed from head to toe in crummy clothes from a market, I assume. And they were touching my tennis court fence, with their grotty, grotty hands!

        Ewwwww!

        With my fists in a clench, I placed my half empty glass down on the concrete and rose from my deck chair, more than ready to give them a piece of my mind. Like, I was in no mood for any more shenanigans affecting my day. First, Raquel gave me the wrong flavoured milk shake and now there are two imbeciles nearing my tennis court! This was soooo not on.          

        "Excuse me?" Was the very fist thing that came from my mouth when I had reached them, hands on my hips and a crinkle digging into the skin on my forehead. "Can I help you?"

        "Hi!" The darker one spoke first. Puny little runt he was. Hair long, unstyled as well as unbrushed, carelessly stuffed under a beanie with a few curls peeking from it. His legs reminded me of the thinnest branches on my apple trees, and I must say that was the only thing I envied about him. Had I have had legs as skinny as those, I would be able to fit into my favorite pair of jeans with ease instead of having to rub oil on my thighs until I get them up.