Chapter 6: The Mansion (Cierra's POV)

I sat up quickly, my head ached, and my stomach felt empty. My mouth tasted of vomit. Everything hurt.

I looked around, taking in my surroundings, I was laying down in a large red bed, it was HUGE, I had to crawl to get to the edge of the bed, there was a wooden nightstand, nothing but a small folded up note was on it. I grabbed it, carefully opening it.

Look to your left, everything you need is in there, find me in the kitchen when you're done
-Malak

I looked to the left to see a dark spruce door, I set the note back down on the dresser; heading to the door.

I opened it and stepped inside, a large bathroom was infront of my eyes, it was bigger than my own house (which was saying a lot considering I was a famous fashion designer)

There was a pile of clothes sitting on the counter, they were quite similar to my own color wise, a light pink shirt with a darker pink skirt and a matching black belt. Judging by the other contents on the counter (which included body wash, shampoo and conditioner, toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash, and a towel) I needed to clean up.

After taking a shower, getting dressed, and trying to get the taste of vomit out of my mouth, I look pretty decent. I also noticed to scar the Monkeys had given me were gone, I needed to ask Malak about that, as well as heading back to the real world.

There was another door in the bedroom a little bit away from the bed, I quickly opened it and looked around.

It was nothing but a large long hallway, lights gave the hallway a red look, despite the walls being white. The floor was a black carpet spotted with white dots, it seemed to move under me as I walked around the hallway.

"Malak!" I shouted, trying to get his attention.

"Down here." A faint voice said.

"Helpful!" I shouted.

I managed to find the kitchen from the wonderful smell that flooded the hallway. I opened the door to see Malak calmly sitting and reading something, a cup of coffee was in his hand he looked up from the book, nodded, then went back to reading.

"Malak, how are the scars on my arm gone?"

"Magic, as long as you are in my realm I can do pretty much anything."

"Well...thank you."

He nodded then gestured to a warm plate of pancakes and eggs in front of him.

"You know about human food?" I asked him.

"Just because I'm not human doesn't mean I can enjoy their pleasures, I find human life's rather peaceful when it comes to their enjoyment."

"It's not peaceful at all." I mumbled, sitting down in the chair and eating.

The food was amazing, but it felt a little off, maybe it was because I still felt sick, whatever was in that sewer water really worked, it was incredibly distasteful.

"So...what are you going to do with me?" I asked, the deal didn't involve anything about letting me go, and weather or not it was to the human world or the after life.

Malak shrugged.

"I was going to kill you, but I have no urge to now, so you can just stay here, or if you want to, I could send you to the afterlife."

"What about going back to the real world?"

"Out of the question."

"Why not?"

"It's..complicated."

"How? Aren't you in control of the ring? Bierce said-"

"You still trust her? Ha! Humans are hilarious."

Malak got up from his chair, pulling back his sleeve to check a watch.

"I have to go mortal, if you need anything ask Agatha or The Monkeys, they'll gladly assist you."

"You're just going to leave?"

"I'll be back later, you'll be fine."

I couldn't say anything else before he walked off and vanished behind a door.

I was still extremely confused, my head still hurt and Malak ignoring my questions didn't help.

"Umm... Copper? Are you still around?" I shouted.

To the right of the kitchen came Copper, he brightened up seeing me and hugged me.

"Your alright!"

"I'm fine." I assured him "Can you show me around this place? I have no idea where I'm going."

"Gladly."

He took my hand and showed me around the place. There were practically no windows in the place, so I couldn't tell where I was. Copper showed me the living room, the portals, bathrooms, and some of the extra rooms Malak had.

"It's a little trippy at first, but you'll get the hang of it."

"Thanks."

"Wanna come to my realm? Everyone still wants to actual talk to you without a time limit."

"Actually, I need to sit down my head still aches."

Copper led me to the living room and sat me down on the red couch.

"Copper?"

"Yes?"

"How much do you know about Malak?"

"Well... He's my master, he's usually kind. He protects us and the ring..."

"Do you know the reason he won't let me go back to the living world?" I asked him.

"If he says not to go back then you probably shouldn't, he has his reasons, even if some seem a little... Rude."

Copper begin to play with his long braid, he was hiding something... But I didn't want to push any further on him.

I was going to push Malak