Chapter 7

The ride is far from pleasent, taken even further from this state by their manager. An announcement; they saw Namjoon's mark.

"What?"

"Who?"

"Did they get it on camera?"

The already saddened Jimin sobs out, "I am so sorry hyung".

But the stoic leader, having sighed and slumped in his chair upon hearing the news, reaches over to place a hand on Jimin's leg.

His eyes are resolved, almost vacant, as he speaks, "it isn't your fault, they went to far".

And Jimin only lets a tear fall in response, trying his best to hold in his emotions. In his opinion he doesn't have the right to be feeling this way; to be the one who is a mess; Namjoon did but their leader is so resolved and Jimin fells even worse knowing that he is holding back for their sakes.

Tae is by his side and pulls him into a hug, the vehicle moving swiftly in the rain as his arms move to encircle Jimin.

Namjoon stirs a little, a hand moving to glide above his soulmark. The fabric there shifts slightly and he feels a pain, a reminder of his cut and the incident. Had his collar really slid far enough down to reveal his mark? If so who saw? What would hapen now?

He looks from his place into the rearview mirror, asking their manager's reflection, "what exactly do they know?"

From the passenger seat he responds, "Namjoon's mark wasn't visable on camera, only a very small amount of it was caught. The internet is raving, searching the footage and they managed to zoom in on some sections that were clear. Overall, they have nothing. However, the host saw most of it clearly as you were walking away, and immediately declared what he saw to the live audience".

He lets a sad smile fall on his face, "he saw your clock and word, but he didn't see your phrase".

Namjoon noods and looks down to his lap, closing his eyes, their manager returning to looking through his phone, no one sure what to do.

Time seems to almost slow, the pace of the drive lost as the driver cautiously passes a set of lights, and an odd girl there, spinning in drenched circles.

An uncomfortable lack of conversation, of action, of thought or comfort or anything fills the small space.

And then their manager's eyes widen and his eyes shoot from his phone to look through the mirror.

"Oh no," he starts.

"What," asks Jin as they all follow his gaze, landing upon the man attached to Jimin's side.

"Taehyung, your sleeve," he mumbles, "when they were looking for Namjoon's, well, someone found yours".

His eyes hold pitty, more now then they had before, and his words are soft, uncertain. Sorry as they break the news to not only Taehyung, but to all of them, "they found a clear shot of your soulmark. They know that it is the same as Joon's".

And he gulps.

And their eyes widen. Tae's panicked stare locked on their manager's features before his eyes flick down to his wrist.

His breathing stops for a moment and then it picks up, his arms wrapping tighter around Jimin's body.

They are all shocked, and once that feeling passes they are overwhelmed by a torrent of powerful emotions. Each feel a mix but the most powerful are close to fear, anger, frustration, saddnes, worry, and disappointment.

Why? Why now? They worked so hard and a split second has uncovered something they desperately wanted to stay hidden; safe. It wasn't meant for the public, it was meant to be theirs, and hers, only theirs.