Chapter Eight - Under Those Bandages

"Damaged people are the most dangerous. They know how to make hell feel like home."

Severus had found himself attached to a certain location on the Hogwarts campus

Severus had found himself attached to a certain location on the Hogwarts campus. Usually spending his break daydreaming away to the soft humming of the trees surrounding him. A soft grassy field covered the area with many tall and thick bushes acting like a barrier to cover him up. It was a safe-haven used to conquer the many dark and anxious thoughts that lurked inside of his head.

Thinking back to his days as a student of Hogwarts; coming to this spot was something he did on a daily basis. Narrowly escaping from James and his underlings and unleashing his sorrows here. Hiding away from the true horrors that awaited him.

He allowed this quiet haven boost his confidence and self-esteem. Made him feel much better. This hideout was one of the only reasons why he kept his sanity during his school-life.

But starting this year, he had come to realize that someone else had stepped foot onto his turf. The suspicions began occurring when he discovered unidentified bandages laying on the ground, obviously something that was dropped from a pocket. Startlingly, the bandages had traces of blood on them. Nasty blood-loss. Severus never went into the trouble of finding out whom the blood belonged to because of his busy schedule. And when he decided to perform a DNA test on the bandages, the fabric was nowhere to be found. He assumed that Filtch had thrown them away, or Severus himself dropped them as-well.

After that experience, he couldn't help but wonder whom the bandages belonged to. Especially with the discovery of an injury. Not just some cut you got while cutting vegetables, but something you'd get from another person. And with that on the table, it was more than important to discover whom the injuries belonged to, and get them the proper treatment before the injury gets worse. Infection, blood-loss, rotten flesh. All horrible things that could occur.

Even though he knew that the odds of this person being in Slytherin were low, he found himself hoping that was the case. Although he never wanted to wish harm upon one of his students, supporting a Slytherin was much easier than helping another house. (Ravenclaw was on his good-side as well.)

And if it was a Slytherin, the student would have a lower possibility of exposing his secret hiding spot. But more importantly, accuse him of something. Just like the Gryffindors.

Whenever they got the chance, those lion brats would come up with some scheme to get him or another Slytherin into trouble. Deducting house points from them or giving him a ticket to Dumbledores office. Only to be excused with an awkward silence.

Especially now with 'The boy who lived' on their side. If only that Leonardo brat didn't exist. If James didn't exist!

Slapping himself in the face, he regained his composure. He should never wish absence upon another person. No matter who they are. That would make him a horrible person. But after all that he went through in his school-days, only to experience it again as a teacher– Severus sure had a reason to wish that upon someone.