I'm In Love With You

"Shit!" Mario exclaimed as he looked into his phone.
"What?"
"It's past six. I have to get going." He said, rushing out of the bed and picking up his clothes.
"You do?"
"Yes! Are you driving me back or..."
"Or what? You'll spend the night here? Cause I was kind of looking forward to that" Jide smirked.
Mario turned to look at Jide
"Why do you always wear that smirk? Do you consider it charming?" He asked in disgust.
"Why, of course I do. And don't tell me you didn't fall under its charm"
"No I didn't! Now can you take me home?"
"Oh you're serious?" Jide asked with his eyes bugged out as he got out of bed and approached Mario.
"What're you doing at that dorm room anyway?" He asked in a very calm tone.
"Well I... um..."
"...Have nothing to do. Just as I thought. Stay tonight. Please. I'll order a pizza, we'll see a movie or five, and have all the fun we can. Just you and me." Jide said with his hand on Mario's shoulder.

***
Osas walked up the halls to Mario's room to see if he was there. He knocked twice and there was no response. It didn't look like he had returned since the previous day considering the dirt that lay on the floor in front of the door. Typical Mario would have swept it off as soon as he saw it. He sighed, then walked out of the dormitory.

***
Mario was half-asleep when Jide opened the drapes with the remote that laid on his bedside drawer. A sharp ray of sunlight pierced through the glass and into the room, forcing Mario to wake up.

Mario sat up, stretched and fell back on the bed. He rolled towards Jide who in turn, opened his arms wide in a receptive way.
"Good morning baby boy" he whispered, then planted a kiss on Mario's forehead.
Mario blushed as he adjusted his head on Jide's chest.
"Yesterday was the most fun I've had since I got back." Jide said calmly.
Mario didn't respond. "Typical IJGB" he thought as he rolled his eyes.
"Wow. You're not saying anything? Or didn't you have fun?"
"Well... I guess" he replied faintly.
"You rude little boy" Jide laughed. "Anyway, I requested an Uber ride for you and he'll be here any moment from now. So, you better get set"

Mario paused, he looked at Jide for a moment and the only thing he could think of was how one person could be so insensitive. He quietly got off Jide's body.

"Have you seen my phone anywhere?" He asked

"It's right there on the table"

Jide stood outside the Villa gate as Mario got in the car. "I'll see you later" he said before Mario could shut the door. Mario in turn just gave him a thumbs up. He watched the car drive off with a faint smile on his face. He couldn't wait to see Mario again.

As soon as Mario got inside his dorm room, he quickly changed into fresh clothes and left for Bolaji's.

Bolaji, Fola and Joshua were inside the room battling at a game of scrabble when they heard a knock on the door.
"Who's that?!" Bolaji yelled aggressively

"Abeg come and open the door."

"Where the hell have you been?!" Joshua screamed as Mario walked inside the room.
"I was with Jide" he said softly
"Wait... which Jide?" Fola asked
"Your cousin, Jide. Which other Jide do you know?"
"Chill... we're just confused. Sit down first." Bolaji said as he pulled out a chair from his kitchen.

"He came over. And apologized."

"Apologized for?"

"For not being available."

"Then you said what?" Fola asked with his brows arched.

"See eh, apparently, he sent me a text saying he'd be unavailable but it didn't deliver..."

"Did he show you the text?" Joshua interrupted.

"No... but he looked sincere..."

"Fuck boys always look and sound sincere! That's their superpower!" Fola yelled.