Haru's Voice

"Elementary pa lang, napapansin na nila.."

Hoshino nearly jumped at the sweet voice coming from beside him. His co-workers seemed to perk up as well, glancing over in surprise as Haru continued singing,

"Mga gawi kong parang hindi pambabae, eh kasi,"

Though he couldn't understand what Haru was saying, his voice was beautiful. Hoshino felt as though he could fall asleep to it. Haru didn't seem to realize he was singing, still staring at his paperwork but he seemed more at peace. Hoshino couldn't find it in himself to disturb Haru, especially since he had such a gorgeous voice.

Haru could've been a singer.

Hoshino found himself nodding along to the melody of Haru's singing. He would have to ask Haru what song that was so he could add it to his playlist. Even Takei seemed to be listening, tapping his pen to the beat.

"Ng araw-araw na pag-ibig, Sa'king buhay nagpapasarap."

The office exploded in claps and cheers as Takei stood up to give a standing ovation. Haru seemed taken aback, cheeks coloring a furious red as he realized that the singing wasn't just in his mind. He sheepishly grinned and scratched the back of his neck, murmuring a quiet 'oops, sorry'

"I didn't know you could sing like that, senpai!" Hoshino beamed in awe, "Your voice is heavenly."

"Oh, thank you!" Haru brightened at the praise, "That's really high praise, I wonder if I should take a singing class?"

Hoshino blinked, "You mean, you've never gone to a singing class, senpai?"

"Never."

"Wow," He gaped, "What was that song earlier? I didn't know you knew another language."

"It's an OPM song," Haru explained, "My father is Filipino so I know how to speak it."

Oh, Philippines. Hoshino heard that you should never give anyone from there a mic, they'll absolutely dominate the stage. I see Hoshino nodded to himself, I understand now.

If that's the case, Haru was probably a serena.

"Bakit hindi mo maramdaman? Ikaw sa akin ay mahalaga."

The normally silent office was broken by a gentle voice. Daisuke looked up in surprise, immediately ordering HEUSC to record everything.

What was that? That voice-

Kamei simply smiled and leaned back, closing his eyes. From his reaction, Daisuke could guess that he was used to Haru's singing. The others seemed to relax as well, leaning back in their seats. If Daisuke paid attention, he would have realized that Kamei was grinning at his reaction. Daisuke's face looked just like theirs when they heard Haru sing for the first time.

Strap in, Kambe-san, they all thought to themselves, You're about to fall in love.

"Akin ka nalang, akin ka nalang. Ang dinadasal sa araw-araw."

Teppei whistled along as Kamei used his desk to make a beat. When Saeki offered Daisuke a gummy, all he could do was dumbly let it sit on his tongue. Not even the musicals and orchestras could compare to this experience, Haru's voice was as gentle as the wind's breeze, lightly touching upon the hairs of Daisuke's skin.

Haru looked ethereal. Idly, Daisuke wondered if he was in the presence of an angel.

He ordered HEUSC to record this live so that Suzue and his grandmother could hear it too. His phone started buzzing with messages from an amazed Suzue but he couldn't turn away from what he was listening to. He was being bewitched, pulled into the sweetness of Haru's voice. Sweeter than any candy, softer than whipped cream.

Haru took in a deep breath, "Ang dinadasal sa araw-araw-" Daisuke nearly fell out of his chair as Haru hit a whistle tone, something that should've been near impossible for a thirty-year-old man to do what the fu-

"Akin ka nalang~"

Sirens? More possible than you think. Daisuke stared as the rest of the office cheered at Haru's performance.

"Inspector Katou, how much for you to sing for me every day?"

"Wha- what the hell, Kambe!?"

The Kambes practically begged the taupe-haired man to sing at a gala they were having. Haru accepted, after making them agree to not pay him any money at all.

Daisuke snuck a few million yen in Haru's wallet, anyway.

(Haru's performance was an instant hit, Daisuke's guests were asking if they could hire him to sing as well.)