Nova

Nova

The monster pushed Nova to the ground cutting off her air supply. She kicked up hitting it in the snout knocking him off of her. She reached back into her quiver trying to find an arrow. She was out of arrows. What am I gonna do now? She wondered freaking out. The day started out bad, but had just gotten worse.

(Flashback to this morning) It started with her waking up in a cold sweat having another nightmare. Then this monster attacked her. She had thought she would be safe in the sewers under New York. She was wrong. After running away from the orphanage she had lived in for as long as she could remember, she had been on the run. She still didn't understand why she could see these weird monsters and why they kept trying to kill her. If she didn't find the bow and arrows a few weeks ago, she would have been dead.

(Back to real time) "AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" she screamed hoping someone would hear her. It was her last attempt to survive. She felt herself losing consciousness when she thought she saw someone with a sword attacking the monster. The monster moved to fight its attackers and Nova's vision cleared. She saw two people, a girl and a boy fighting the monster. The monster turned into dust just like all the other ones she saw. The girl bent down and gave her some bar that tasted like brownies. Yum.

"Hi! I am Annabeth, and that's Percy," the girl said, pointing behind her at the boy. Percy waved to her. She waved back.

"I'm Nova," I responded.