Chapter 16

"Perrie? What happened?" - Jesy asks as she rushes over to the bed.

Instead of answering, Perrie stands up on her feet and embraces Jesy in a tight hug. This makes her get even more worried, but instead of questioning her right away, she decides to give her a few minutes first. After a while, the two of them let go of each other and sit down on the bed.

"Are you okay Pez..?" - Jesy asks as Perrie wipes a tear from her cheek.

She looks around the room, and the only thing that she notices is the food on the bed next to them, left untouched.

"I'm definetly not.." - Perrie says.

"Do you want to tell me what happened?"

Perrie nods her head as an answer. She told Mark that she won't tell her anything, but she can't keep a secret this big from her. Jesy always knows when something is off with her, and can always tell when Perrie is lying. Because Perrie is a terrible liar, especially to her loved ones.

She leaves her best friend in tears as she tells her what happened. Perrie tells her about how Mark found out about her and Alex, about how he hit her, and made her break Alex's heart. She couldn't help but start crying when she explains how she left Alex in tears, on the ground.

"That bastard.." - Jesy mumbles.

"You need to promise you won't tell anyone about this.. Mark shouldn't find out that you know.." - Perrie begs her. "Please.. I'm afraid he might do something to Alex.."

"It's okay Perrie.. I promise I won't tell.. But.. Alex is his fucking son.. would he really do something to him?"

"I don't know.. But I don't want to put Alex's life in danger.. Mark is a sick person.." - Perrie says.

"I can't believe this.." - she sighs. "You need a divorce, right now"

"I can't Jesy.. As I said.. he might hurt Alex.. He wants to punish me for cheating on him.."

Jesy looks at Perrie's face, which is literally drained. It's still morning and she had just woken up, but she looks exhausted and ready to go back to bed. Her gaze lowers and stops on Perrie's arm. There's a big red spot on Perrie's arm, that looks like it's about to become a dark bruise.

"Oh my God" - she exclaims as she takes her arm and touches the bruise, making Perrie flinch in pain. "Did he do this?"

"He did.. Please pretend as if you didn't see it.." - Perrie sighs and stands up.

"When is this going to stop Perrie?"

"Either when I fall out of love with Alex, which is never going to happen.. or when Mark gets bored of me.." - she answers as she takes out a dress from the wardrobe.

"What is that for?"

"My lovely husband is taking me out tonight" - Perrie chuckles, even though she's not in the mood for it.

"How generous" - Jesy rolls her eyes. "But however, I think you need to go out for a walk with me, you'll get some fresh air, maybe it'll make you feel a bit better"

"I don't know.." - Perrie says. "We might be followed.. You know how Mark is obsessed with controlling my every move.."

"But he knows that we're together.. Plus we're only going for a walk" - she smiles.

"Okay, just let me get ready"

"Perrie.. I found something.. about that woman.." - Jesy starts a conversation as they start walking.

"Really? How did you do it?" - Perrie looks at her. 

"Well.. do you remember Lucas?" 

"Yeah, a little.."