Chapter 8

I stagger back as the girl slowly walks away toward a small room with bunkbeds. I turn around and see the red head walking toward us, Danny trailing behind him. I see Andrew staring at him with disgust and slowly backing away and stands infront of me.

        "Greetings, I am Joe, son of Zeus. Welcome Ben, son of Ares. Welcome Andrew, son of Apollo. Welcome Cleo, daughter of Athena. Oh, and welcome Amelia, daughter of Artemis," Joe says as he inspects us up and down.

        "Why must you rule these children, you are not meant for the throne," Andrew says with disgust as he protects me.

        "How dare you say that to me! I welcome you with open arms and you just stare at me with disgust," Joe says as he is walking away from Andrew.

        "Andrew! How dare you say that to a son of Zeus," Cleo says as she follows Joe towards his throne.

        "He has a twin brother named Leo, he told everyone Leo is dead, but he is lost in the caves below. All you want to do is lead them into glory and riches," Andrew says as he walks toward a room with a lyre at the top of the door.

        I notice Ben walking toward a room with 6 obsidian swords as the symbol and Cleo walking toward a room with a spear and a shield. I turn around and see a room with a bow and arrows as the symbol. I quickly walk toward it and open it to about 9 little girls with brown hair and most with dirt on their faces and bruises. 

        "It can't really be her, Joe says that she died in a battle against the Titans," a little says with her brown hair tied in a messy bun.

        "Uhh, I'm guessing you think I'm Artemis?" I say as I place my bow and arrow down on the main bed.

        "Yes! We notice that you share a similar trait, you both have that bravery in your eyes," the smallest girl says.

        "Why are you all this dirty? I mean the others kids aren't this dirty," I say as I motion for the smallest one to come over.

        "Joe always makes us go and see where Hades' lines are and we are stuck in combat, he doesn't care about us, since we don't have our leader, but now we do!" says the tallest girl.

        I bring out my hairbrush and start combing through her hair, I look out our door and see Ben leading a group of 12 young boys and girls all with different shades of black hair. I glance over at Andrew's cabin and see him talking to 10 boys and girls looking identical. I look at Cleo's cabin and see her standing infront of 11 kids all with eyes shifting to grey. Then, I look down at all the girls infront of me, forgotten, beaten up, and never cared for. I push aside the youngest girl's hair and see a necklace with a name, Alice. 

        "Alice, I guess you are the youngest in this cabin?" I ask as I'm starting to clean her up with my cloth and water bottle.

        "Yes, Joe put nametags on us like dogs so he can keep track of us," Alice says quietly as she hugs me and runs to her bunkbed and puts up pictures of her family on the wall.

        "We all need to be cleaned up for tonight's dinner, I think Joe will make us serve dinner like he has done for 9 years," mutters a girl with a nametag, Bailey.

        "I will make sure that Joe won't treat you girls like animals," I say as I start to clean up a girl with the nametag, Sophie.

        "He also never let us decorate our bunkbeds," Sophie says as she also walks toward her bunkbed, atop of Alice's, and puts up pictures of deer.

        I start to clean up all the girls and I think, why would he do this to these little girls? I walk over to my bunkbed and put up pictures of my family, well none of Artemis though. I grab my bow and arrow and put them under my bed and start to head towards the showers, when Joe blocks the entrance.

        "Why did you clean up these girls? They can't be tamed so I control them and you are letting them run wild!" Joe says as he grabs his sword out.

        "I simply am making their life better, I'm their leader and I can decide," I simply say as I'm walking around him.

        "Well, I'm your leader, so you do as I say," Joe says sternly as he walks back up to his throne.

        I watch in disgust as he pushes my girls down on the way and sits their with his sword at his side and Danny leaning against the chair. Where is Danny's bunk? Right then, I hear an explosion to my right and see smoke coming out of a cabin with two battle axes as it's symbol. I glance behind the door and see about 3 boys fixing a baby dragon made out of Imperial Gold. I start to walk towards the shower, my girls in tow.

        After about 5 minutes of showering and then cleaning them up again, I hear a horn that I guess is the dinner horn. I grab Alice's hand and start to walk their, when Andrew stops in me in my tracks.

        "Wow, you clean up really well Amelia. I like you to meet the Apollo cabin," Andrew says as he points out all the boys and girls behind him.

        "Hey? Andrew, I'm making my way to dinner, so we should probably hurry," I say as I walk around him.

        I start to walk towards the giant hall and notice Joe sitting at another throne at the end of the table. I grab Alice's hand and walk toward the spot for Artemis' cabin. I look around and notice everyone holding a flag with their emblem on it. I now think, where is our emblem? That is when I feel a slight shaking. I grab Alice's hand and see her grab everyone else's hands.

        That is when I look up and see some dirt falling from little shaking. That is when we all feel a giant explosion that knocks us all to the ground. I open my eyes and see everyone covered in dirt and hear a horn blaring in the distance, that is when I notice light streaming from the top of where the roof was. I run to the cabin and back to the dinner hall and start climbing through the debris.