Chapter 57 - Katherine

I want someone to kill me. Maybe Lia can shoot me later or something, cause this pounding headache is about to make my head burst.

I'm never drinking again.

Never.

Either the ladies have a really high tolerance or I'm just too weak to keep up with them, but I will never drink with them again. It's going to kill me.

I can't even remember half of what happened last night. I remember talking to Maggie, Lia getting a call from some Lorenzo guy and then... nothing.

When did I come back to the room? Did I even walk here on my own legs? I couldn't have possibly done that considering how weak I'm feeling right now, so who brought me here?

Killy.

Oh no. It must've been Killy who took me to bed! He could've hurt his leg!!!

Silly Killy!

I can't help but giggle at the thought. Silly Killy, that's so funny.

I open my eyes slowly as a big warm hand rubs my belly soothingly. With a quiet groan, I put my hand on Killy's and pull his arm tighter around me, making him chuckle sleepily.

"Good morning, Cupcake." He whispers into my ear, leaning over me to press a kiss to my cheek.

"It's not good." I grumble sulkily. "Definitely not good. Just kill me."

Killian only laughs quietly. "Don't ask me to hurt you, cause I won't. I will never lay my hands on you wrongly." He kisses my head lovingly before getting off the bed, leaving me feeling cold and empty.

"Come back..." I whine dejectedly, already missing his warmth.

"No can do, baby. – He chuckles – You need to take a bath to help with your bruises then we have to see Doc about your ribs and arm, and then... I'm taking you on a trip. I have a surprise for you." He leans over me as I lie on the bed, giving me a small kiss on the head before picking me up bridal style and carrying me to the bathroom.

Killy leaves me for a moment to take care of my business then once I'm finished, he comes back and fills the tub, pouring some of the lavender oil that Lia left here. She actually left the whole box she brought yesterday, much to my surprise. Doesn't she want it back?

"Are you sure you're okay with helping me? You'll hurt you leg..." I frown worriedly.

"I'll be fine, Cupcake." Killy smiles reassuringly as he carefully puts on the cast cover Lia used yesterday then gently picks me up and places me in the bathtub before quickly undressing and getting in behind me.

"KILLIAN!!! A warning would be nice!" I exclaim, covering my blushing face in embarrassment. He's so bold!

"You've already seen everything, there's no need to be embarrassed. – he chuckles amusedly – It's all yours. You can look as much as you want." This man, I swear to god!

"Killian!" I admonish seriously, pinching his uninjured thigh harshly, but all it gets me is a laugh. Damn it, he actually finds amusement in my anger!

Killian gently washes my hair and body, taking his sweet time with me as we soak in the lavender-scented water. But as soon as I tell him I want to do the same for him, he quickly shuts me up with a casual 'I'm fine'. I love this man to death, but sometimes he's so unbelievably infuriating I want to strangle him with my bare hands. Then, as soon as such thought crosses my mind, I'm hit with unbearable sadness and all my anger dissipates into nothing.

For some bizarre reason, the bath, as soothing as it is, doesn't have the same effect on me as it did yesterday. I still feel the stiffness and tension in my muscles, almost as if I took a cold shower instead of a hot bath. Weird.