The Confession

Months have passed. We were both busy with our studies but we've managed to stay connected through texting each other everyday.

"Uhm, Jay (short for Arjay his name), don't you notice anything?" I texted him.

"Hmmmm... What is it? No idea," he responded.

"Well, uhmm.. You know, I-- I---I think I'm.. Uhh," I stammered.

"What?"

"Uh--uh nothing. Nothing. Hehe."

I don't know how and what to say. Ughh!!

"The first time I laid my eyes on you, your eyes-- it's captivating. Your nose, your lips, your scent, everything-- it's breath-taking," I sheepishly confessed.

"I think, I've fallen for you," I added.

Arjay is a man of few words and soft-spoken. In a few months of texting each other, he didn't even give a hint of him wanting to court me. So I wasn't really expecting him to love me back that easy.

My bad. I'm too naive to fall in love easily.

"Honestly, I cannot say that I love you already," he frankly responded.

I don't know but I was saddened.

I know I've told myself not to expect from him. It should have prepared me for this.

"But I like you."

Wait, what?

"I don't just want to easily say 'iloveyou' because it's a big statement for me. If ever I tell it to someone, I should take full responsibility of it. I should really prove you not just by words but by action," he added.

I was taken aback.