12 - Chloe

CHLOE

My face was burning as my heart pounded. I didn't know what I was feeling right now—but there was a certain pleasure and disappointment in it.

Of course, it didn't mean anything. I didn't know what I expected when my tongue slipped and asked her about the kiss—that she felt her heart beating like mine? That she actually enjoyed it? That she was up for round 2 of that kiss?

No. Get your crap together, Chloe. This woman kidnapped you and her crazy brother wouldn't even hesitate to hurt you if she let her guard down.

When it started to get into my head, I just remembered how my first kiss with Alyssa went. I was head over heels, but I had to hold the excitement from anyone, even Kara and Aly herself. Maybe it was just that—Ruby's kiss was nothing.

I was restless most of the day. I didn't even feel hungry even though I haven't eaten anything today. My hands that were tied up were getting numb, and dirt all over my body didn't help me to calm.

As if my complaints were answered, the door was opened. Ruby showed up again, and my heart just raced again.

"Your clothes are all dirty. I'm going to let you take a shower," she said with a brief pause, "but don't try anything funny."

The tone was full of threat. I nodded fearfully.

First, she removed my gag. And then, she untied the rope—but she was still bending in front of me. She circled her arms around me to reach the rope, placing her face above my shoulder.

I gulped as I felt my body shivered.

Her smell of vanilla caught my nose. I felt like if I could just turn my head a bit, part her hair with my hand...

My fantasy broke down as she grabbed my arm to make me stand after the rope was released. I groaned a bit by the rude action.

"You have to be done before Neil comes home," she ordered. With my arm on her grip, she led me to the bathroom. She didn't fully close the door.

Ruby turned around, guarding the door. I felt shy to even take my dirty clothes off, because even though she only left a gap, I could still feel like I was about to take a shower in the open.

Standing naked, I let a sigh of relief as the warm water showered my whole body, washing away the dirt. I completely cleaned myself from hair to toe, just in case they wouldn't let me shower again.

I wrapped my body with a towel that she had prepared. "I'm done."

Ruby turned around and I caught her staring at my half-naked body. I was blushed. I couldn't read her expression as she quickly grabbed a pile of clothes and gave them to me.

"It's your sweater," she said when I stared at the familiar beige sweater. "Thank you for lending it to me."

Did I see a blush on her cheeks, or was it just me? I did expect her to check me out, but it didn't seem to work. Under the sweater was a denim pants that I assumed belonged to her. I put on the sweater and the pants. I could smell her perfume—as if she was hugging me right now.

And my face was burning again.

I shook off the thought when Ruby led me back to the room. She didn't immediately grab the rope.

"You're not tying me up?" I asked stupidly. I should've pretended that she forgot, but she really didn't plan to.

"You should have dinner first," she said. She paused for a second, and then opened the door a bit wider. "I think you need a change of scenery. Let's have dinner in the dining room."

Cautious, I didn't agree right away.

"You better start now if you don't want Neil seeing you without the rope," she added with a glare on her eyes.

I followed her to the dining table. She was preparing two plates of pasta side by side. Ruby already took a seat, but I was still standing reluctantly.

"I'm not poisoning you," said Ruby again.

Before I pissed her off for real, I quickly sat next to her. I dined my food in silence, so was Ruby.

"Did you cook this?" I unconsciously asked. Before I could take back anything I said, she already stared at me.

"Why? It doesn't taste good?"

Oh, God. She looked annoyed.

"It's... great, actually," I smiled. Maybe it was because I hadn't eaten anything since yesterday. "Why are you being so nice to me?"

Again—this mouth of mine really couldn't shut up.

"Do you prefer me behaving like Neil?" She asked threateningly.

I quickly shook my head. No, not him—I shuddered. "It's just... I tried to escape yesterday and you even let your guard off for a second, which I could use to run away again."

She stared at me. "Why didn't you?"

I was startled. "I... I promised you, didn't I?"

The edges of Ruby's lips raised a little, almost unnoticeably, but she quickly cleared her throat. "Eat your pasta."

I didn't follow her order. "Can you just... please accept my apology?"

Ruby, agitated, let go of her fork that it caused a loud clink. "I told you, my scar is taken care of. Can you not ask about that again?"

"I mean—" I almost choked when she glared at me, but it didn't shut my mouth unfortunately. "I mean about my father. He ruined your family," I lowered my voice. "I wish it was just a misunderstanding, but seeing you and your brother fought for it, it didn't seem like a misunderstanding at all."

I quivered, and I found her looking at me sympathetically.

"I'm sorry," I said again, "on behalf of my father."

Ruby clenched her jaw. She exhaled a long breath. "You've done nothing wrong, Chloe."

"But I feel like it's my fault as well," I trembled. "I hurt you and your brother. I've never hurt someone before and I—"

"Hey," she interrupted as she placed her hand over mine. "You don't have to worry about Neil. He won't hurt you back—I promise."

It warmed my heart. The fear that was surrounding me melted down, but my pulse kept racing.

"Please, stop," I pleaded as I tugged my hand back. "Stop being nice to me."

She crooked her eyebrows. "Why?"

"Because if you kept doing that—" I lowered my gaze from her eyes to her rosy red lips, "—I might fall for you."

Ignoring the thumps from my heart, I cupped her face and smashed my lips against hers.

A split second later, I realized what I just did—my rush action wouldn't make anything better. I released the kiss and felt the shivers through my body as Ruby was staring at me, probably trying to find some cursed words to spit to me.

"I-I-I'm sorry," I trembled. "I didn't mean to do that. I'm sorry, I—"

My sentence was cut as Ruby pulled me for another kiss, much to my surprise.

----------

They kissed (again, sort of)! What do you think will come out of that? ;)

xo,
bluecandyjo