Part 6

As it was decided that the wedding ceremony would take place ten days after the engagement, so the preparations were going on in full swing. There were only three days left in the marriage.The last seven days were really hectic for everyone because they had a lot of task to do like shopping, preparations and other arrangements like bookings and orders etc. Although they had less time to prepare all these things, but they managed everything perfectly in a short time of span.

It was sangeet ceremony today. Everything was arranged according to their taste. Decked in a color-coordinated light peach shade attire, both Sidharth and Shehnaz sat together on a white couch and were enjoying watching dance performance with a bright smile on their faces.

Rubbing her thumb on her henna clad palm, Shehnaz lost in memory lane that how she missed the previous sangeet ceremony and other pre-wedding rituals because she had to go for the shoot which was already completed but due to some issues she had to re-shoot some scenes and for that she had to go to another city. She did not want to go and top of that, it was the first marriage in the family so she did not want to miss anything but at the same time she did not want to look unprofessional. And the great thing was, her family understood it and supported her and asked her to go and complete her shoot.

Physically, she was on shooting but her mind was always stuck in the marriage only that, how will the family manage everything or do they need any help? Whether all the things is happening properly or not? Was her brother managing everything? She was hoping that her Badi Maa and Bade Papa is not getting hyper and her parents are not taking unnecessary stress etc., all these things always bothered her. So she always used to stick on the phone to help her family in each and every little thing. She always reminded Shehbaz to take care of the elders, and whenever he forgot to give them medicine on time, he always received good scolding from her. Remembering all this, she pouted.

She came out of the trance when her mother shook her and asked where she got lost.

"Kahin nahi Mumma. Aap kuch keh rahi thi?" Shehnaz asked.

"Han, woh main keh rahi thi, tumhare Papaji ne jo dopehar ko bag diya tha, maine pta nahi kahan rakh diya mil hi nahi raha" her mother said tense to which she smiled and placing her hand on her mother's, she said,

"Arre Maa don't worry. Woh bag living area mein padha tha, maine sambhal ke usko apne room mein rakh diya hai"

"Hayee meri bachi. Tu na hoti toh mera kya hota" her mother said caressing her cheeks.

Sidharth, who was listening mother-daughter duo, smiling shook his head and lost in the time, he and his family visited Punjab for the marriage.

At that time Shehnaz was not present there physically but she was there in every family member. Her name was on everyone's lips. He observed that every member of the family loves her so much and so attached with her that no work can be done without involving her. He also observed that not only her family, she also loves them immensely. Her love for them is beyond anything. The way she took care of every little thing, the way she helped every member of the family and the way she was handling everything even while away, that too through phone, it proves that how loving and caring she is.

He heard her voice for the first time when the family was sitting in the main hall and talking to her and the phone was on speaker. Everyone had something to ask and she was answering everyone patiently.

"Sana puttar mujhe puja ka thaal nahi mil raha, tujhe pata hai ke kahan hai?" her mother asked.

"Maate, aap preshan kyu ho jate? Woh maine hi sambhal kar rakha tha Dadiji ke room mein"

"Yar motto tu kab ayegi? Aur tune flowers kon se rang ke bola tha aur kaise lgane hai?" asked Shehbaz.

"Baz maine just abhi tujhe aur decorators ko design bheje hain, bilkul waise hi karna hai"