Chapter 56: Media Pt. 2

Zanovia Brown:

"We are standing outside of Seattle Memorial Hospital where Hunter Brown, son of superstar Zanovia Brown is being held. This case is getting messy sources tells us Seattle PD issued a warrant for the 16 year old's arrest. Moreland shot the 16 year old boy stopping him from robbing a house in the neighborhood, this case has went world wide. Everyone believes this was racially motivated, they say the 16 year old's mother owns a house in the neighborhood and some say he was robbing Mr. Moreland. Zanovia Brown has the biggest fan base in and out of the country and riots are starting especially since the Seattle PD issued the warrant for the kid's arrest."

"He is wounded and we still have to make sure he's okay. Sorry Detective you won't be taking my patient anywhere." Hunter's doctor said making the Detective sigh.

"How long-"

"I don't know detective but for now he's not being moved too much of a risk."

"I will have two officers here to keep an eye on him."

"Fine, but he's not to be touched."

"Ma I didn't do-"

"I know baby, just relax we will get this worked out baby boy okay?" I say and the detective grabbed his wrist roughly and my maternal instincts kicked in because I slapped him. "Don't grab him like that you didn't handle the bitch that shot him like that treat my son with the same respect."

"Zanovia Brown you are under arrest f-"

"She is 6 months pregnant watch how you're handling her detective." Hunter's doctor said as the detective roughly cuffed my wrists.

"That hurts bitch." I hissed at the cop and the doctor tried to help.

"Please get out the way so I can do my job Doctor."

"What you doin to my wife bruh?" Andre asked

"She assaulted an officer-"

"He was being rough with Hunter." The doctor explained

"You cuffed a pregnant woman for defending her son?!" Leeyah shouted in disbelief.

"Andre don't do anything it's okay baby." I said as the detective walked me out the room.

"Dre stay here with Hunter I will be back." I heard Leeyah say within seconds she was by my side.

"Press is everywhere put your head down." She mumbled to me and I did just that as we exited the hospital, cameras started flashing.

"Zanovia's in cuffs! Officer what happened?!" A reporter yelled and Leeyah guarded my 6 month old belly as I was led through the crowd of flashing cameras and multiple questions being thrown my way.

"Say nothing to nobody I'll be right behind you, okay?" Leeyah said and I nodded before I was put in the back of the detective's car.

Leeyah entered the interrogation room and looked at me with her eyes squinted. "I just got Andre outta here and here I am again."

"He didn't have to grab my baby like that besides he started reading me Miranda rights but never finished he just said that I was under arrest and then the doctor said something to him and he never continued reading me my rights. They can't charge me with shit get me out of here and back to the hospital to my son please."

"Mrs. Brown sorry to keep you waiting, I'm captain Jack I'm so sorry about my detective's actions and I assure you we're doing everything we can to make sure this never happens again. Also I'm a huge fan."

Zanovia scoffed as he uncuffed her, she didn't even respond she stood up and before she could exit the room, "Mrs. Brown?" The captain said

"What?"

"Did you hear me?" He asked me

"I heard you bitch, what y'all doin to my son is what I'm fucked up about I don't give a fuck what y'all do to me. This shit don't make no sense I have too much fuckin money for your robbery theory, but it's okay watch this." I said

"I'll be representing Hunter Brown, nobody talks to him unless I'm present. What are you charging him with?"

"Attempted robbery was what the District Attorney's office decided to charge him with. I don't agree with this, I do think that there's more to the story but Moreland has friends in high places his brother is the Governor of Washington, and Moreland was a decorated detective for 20 years, okay? They believe whatever he says, it's his word against your son's it's out of my hands." He explained

"Would you be willing to say that in front of a jury?" Leeyah asked I could tell by the look on her face she had an idea.

"If you lose this case, then everybody's lookin at me like a traitor I-"

"My case is rock solid trust me when this is all over you'll wish you was on my side." Leeyah replied and the captain sighed.

"I'll testify."

"And they brought charges against Hunter and not Moreland?" Leeyah asked

"They're going with the self defense angle, they aren't gonna charge him but you didn't hear that from me." He said

"Thank you." Leeyah replied. "Let's go Nov." she added and I followed her out the room.

"What you got up your sleeve?" I asked her

"Now that we allowed them to charge Hunter and not Moreland, it's time to expose them." She explained. "You still friends with Oprah?" Leeyah asked

"Yeah, why?"

"Good, I'm pretty sure she wants to be the one to cover this on her show. Give her an exclusive and I will send you the video Storm recorded."

"The video Storm recorded? Wait I'm confused."

"Just know Storm saved this case." Leeyah reassured me.

"What video?" I asked myself as I followed her out the interrogation room.

"I'm gonna try to put a rush on Andre's trial so y'all can get out of town. It sounds like some corruption goin on and with that comes threats and murder attempts."

"Leeyah you sound more stressed than me now-"

"Cause this shit just got real Z. It's just gettin started shit's about to get nasty real quick." Leeyah says cutting me off before I could even finish my sentence.

~~~~~