A Different Dimension

I fluttered my eyelids open to see a wide purple sky above me. Wait...a purple sky?!! There was an eerie pink glow in the sky, and there were blue clouds everywhere! I saw some rainbows dashing here and there. This was the literal definition of wonderland!

Without any warning, a tiny green box nearly hit my head. I ducked and yelped in surprise while shutting my eyes tightly. I held my hands over my ears as I heard a high-pitched squeak. I slowly opened one eye and saw the green box near my feet. It was beautiful! There were emeralds coated all around it and there was a tiny ribbon studded with gold and silver as well. This box was what the word 'luxurious' would probably look like! I had to stop examining the box when I heard muffled noises coming from it. I held my ear to the box and heard a little voice speaking in a jumbled manner, "Lwe mee ow pwea!" I had to laugh, the pronunciation was just like a toddler's! The voice repeated, a bit louder this time, "Lwe me out pwea!" I honestly couldn't make out what the voice was trying to say, but I assumed that it was asking me to let out what was inside the box. I carefully opened the fragile little box and saw a glowing golden orb inside it.

What was this place? Nothing seemed real here. Just as I was about to close the box, the golden orb started to grow. I placed the box on the ground softly and stepped back. The orb grew and grew until there was a star of my size in front of me. I tilted my head to the side, and had to hold back my scream when the two cones at the bottom started to become thinner and turn into legs. The two cones at the side started to turn into hands and soon, there was a boy with a long pointy hat in front of me. He was wearing smooth, white, and silky clothes that were studded with bright golden sequins. He extended his hand, "It's nice to meet you. You must be Aurora, let me take you to my father."

I furrowed my brows, how did he know my name and why was he taking me to his father? I was about to protest, "Dude I don't even know–" Before I could do anything, I was on a saddle that was fastened to a large white bird. The boy grinned, "Hold on tight!" The bird spread out its luxurious wings and some golden sparks radiated from the tip of the bird's feathers. The bird flapped its wings over and over again until its feet were above the ground. I leaned down and gripped on to the saddle as tightly as I could. After I was stable, I yelled at the boy, "Couldn't you have told me before you decided to make me go and ride on a huge white bird?" He just laughed, I swear, there would be an end to his laughing one day. I shut my eyes in fear and held on to the saddle for the rest of the ride. Finally, the bird started to swoop down. I was extremely scared at this point, but then I felt a hand behind my back. I slowly turned to my right and saw that it was the boy's hand. I would have taken his hands off my back as soon as I could, but I was too scared to let go of the saddle.

When we finally landed, I realized how red and sweaty my palms were. I got off the beautiful bird and started to feel nudging near my hand. I looked behind me and saw that the bird was nudging me with its beak. It looked at me intently with its deep blue eyes, I giggled as I went to pet its head. The bird closed its eyes and chirped in delight, it was so adorable. Unfortunately, I could not stay with the bird for longer. I had to follow the boy because I had to meet his father. I had also learned that his name was 'Bling.'

When we reached a strange looking building, I walked into it worriedly with the boy. "Ah, I see you've brought Aurora." I immediately recognized the voice, it was the chief! Bling was his son? I awkwardly smiled and asked, "Why am I here?" AURORA! WHY ARE YOU BEING SO RUDE!!! The chief stared at me for a few seconds and told me, "You are a very lucky girl to have the power of telepathy. My request for you is to come back to this place with another telepathy master." I nodded, "Yes sir, I will do that. I just need to chant the spell you gave me to come here, right?" The chief nodded, "Yes, and no need to be so formal! You can call me 'Star.' " Wow, the chief and his son had very 'shiny' names indeed. I smiled, "Alright, so do I go back home now? If so, how do I get home?" My oh my, what had happened to my politeness today? The chief grinned, "Yes, I think it's time for you to go home now."

I rubbed my eyes and saw a blurred image of my room. The last thing I remembered was that the chief had tapped his hat with a small picture frame of me. I wonder how he had gotten it, he probably had it because he was the chief. But the chief of what? Was he the chief of telepathy? I mean, he had mentioned my gift of telepathy in our little conversation. My eyes widened as I came to the conclusion. I had met the chief of telepathy.