Kabanata 1

"Althaia prepare yourself and please wear decent clothes. We are having a dinner with my childhood friend. Be nice and classy, understand?" I rolled my eyes when my dad said that. He always gets mad even though I am not doing anything. "Don't give me that attitude, be like your sister".

I went to my room and started to cry. I'm tired comparing me to her, he's always making me feel like I'm a disgrace in this family. Suddenly, I felt someone hugging me

"who are you? what the hell are you doing here? you trespassing bitch." I was about to shout when she speaks

"Hi, I'm Yna, I'm the daughter of your dad's friend" She sound like an angel. We are in the same age, I think. She has a long straight hair while I have a long curve at the bottom of my hair. We have a same milky skin tone.

I laughed bitterly "You know what? If you are the daughter of my dad, he will be so proud."

she speaks sadly "Then why my dad is not proud at me?"

That was the day we became friends.

"Hi tita where is yna?" I kissed her in the cheeks

"Go to her room Althaia" tita said. I'm so happy to see her "Alsherinna! where the hell are you? Don't make me mad!" I laughed when I saw her wearing angry face "The fuck is wrong with you Althaia? I'm taking a nap, can't you see?" I run to her and hug her "I'm sorry okay? I just want to have fun. My dad is busy on his business while my mom and my sister went to mall."

Sanay na akong hindi binibigyan ng atensyon sa bahay, tanging si yna at mga maids lang ang tumanggap sakin. As a college student, we should prioritize important things rather partying in this loud and dark place, but that's the only way to catch their attention.

I'm wearing short shorts paired with black turtleneck with a ponytail on it and a nude heels while yna wearing a simple pink dress paired with a pink heels. We love to party and explore a lot of new things. I treated her like a real sister compared to my sister, Vanessa. She's always the star of the family and loved by so many people. Santa santita.

"Hey yna, restroom lang ako" she nodded and drink again. I was about to enter the restroom when someone bumped me "Fuck, don't have sex here! Get a room." I shouted when I saw a man kissing a girl. I didn't see the man clearly, but he is perfectly handsome. Shit

"Mind your own business lady" The man huskily said without looking at me. Wow, ang bastos. I ignored them and went inside the bathroom.

"Althaia let's go home, my dad called me. I'm sorry" tangina, makikita ko nanaman pamilya ko. "It's okay. Ayoko rin mapagalitan ka ng dad mo dahil sakin. Buy some candy okay? You smell alcohol."

"Where the hell did you go Althaia?" Bungad agad na sigaw ni dad pagpasok ko palang ng bahay. "Calm down honey" Mom said and glared at me "Bar dad, obviously." amoy alak kaya ako duh. But I didn't say it loudly. Kahit paano nirerespeto ko sya.

I was about to go to my room when mom slap me "Don't turn your back at me. I'm not yet done talking to you!" I stared at her coldly. "What now? I'm tired dealing with all of you. You treated me like nobody then stop acting like you care. Let us all pretend like you are not my dad, mom and I'm not your daughter" I smiled at them tiredly.

I turned my back at them, but Vanessa grab my arms and whisper "Serves you right little sis. Yes, you're more pretty and smarter than me but all the attention of our parents is on me. You are useless and unloved."

I ran into my room and stared at the moon.

"The moon is the friend for the lonesome to talk to"

I stare at the moon and ask, "Why can you be so bright even in the darkest night?" Yes, marami nga sigurong tao ang magmamahal sakin. Pero yung mga taong gusto kong mahalin ako, hindi nila kayang ibigay.

It's been 2 years and everything changed when my man died. Ako ang namatayan pero hindi nanlaban, ako ang naulila pero iba ang nagsindi ng kandila.

My man, I will find justice. They will beg for me, but it is too late.