The light between the trees

And so we did. The wind was howling as the moonlight painted the forest white. Were we not sure of our safety, we surely would have been afraid. But it is said that a protector resides in the forest. His sole purpose is to protect te students from harm. Although it is only a legend, many cases of students have reported a hideous figure slaying wolves in the middle of the night. It is still unknown whether he trully exists or not.

      All of a sudden, I stepped over a pebble. Writing in my journal while walking was not a good idea after all. My face hit hard on the ground as bursts of laughter disrupted the forest's peace."Shhh" Peter whispered. "The teachers might hear us Spyro!" , Spyros ignored him and continued along the path. While  I was picking up my books, I heard a leaf crackle behind my back. I swiftly turned around only to realise that there was nothing there. I picked up my journal, and stored it in my backpack. I would continue to write once we reached the living chambers.

    Following the dim light in the distance we finally reached the source, only to realise that we had strayed away from the path to the living chambers. Instead, we found a torch, illuminating the entrance of a cave. We were surprised, as no one had ever talked about a cave near the school before. This made us realise that we had strayed away too far. We were ready to turn around and leave, when suddenly a man came out of the cave. It was dark so we waited for him to come near the torch to better see him.

     He was a young man of average height, with an athletic build, but kinda chubby at the same time. His facial hair covered most of his face and his long brown hair were riding the waves of the wind. He was wearing a dusted chainmail and leather pants that came all the way down to his leather boots that were covered in mud. He also had other pieces of cloth that were hanging around his armor. After observing us for a moment he opened his mouth.

"May I see your panties?" He said. Me and Peter looked at each other, unable to comprehend what he was trying to say.

"I said. May I see your panties?" He repeated.

"What are panties?" Spyros said with a cracking voice, as we were all scared.

"Oh my!" The man said. "I see that some beautiful girls have come to my cave. Oh come on don't be shy don't be shy"

Spyros angry as he was replied:"We are not girls! We are grown ass men, can't you tell the difference?"

The man lost his footing for a second, then he replied:

"Oh, I didn't see you there, you see, I'm blind, I just assumed that you were girls"

I couldn't speak, neither could Spyros or Peter. Instead, we were listening to him rambling.

"Oh, you can come to my cave either way, it's past midnight, and you should sleep."

We looked at each other, and with a glance, we understood that it was either this or the scolding of the principal. We then decided that the best option was to spend the night at the cave.