9

Demi's POV

That night before I put the kids to sleep, I FaceTimed Max so he could talk to them and say goodnight. They talked on the phone for a good thirty minutes before I declared that it was way past their bed time.

"I'll call you after I put them to sleep." I tell Max after I finally get my phone back.

"Okay." He says and I furrow my brows at his short response. I shrug it off though and hangup so I can put the kids to sleep. Once I do, I go to my bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth and then I change into one of Max's long sleeve shirts and my underwear. I then get comfortable under the covers on the bed and call Max back.

"Hi baby!" I say when he answers.

"Hey." He says looking off somewhere else and I furrow my brows again.

"What's wrong?" I ask him.

"What were you doing with Niall today?" He asks and I raise my brows.

"What? How'd you know I was with him?" I ask and he sighs and rolls his eyes.

"There's paparazzi pictures of you guys hugging and him opening your car door for him. There's a source that said you guys were in a studio room all day. I'm just curious." He says and I nod.

"You're jealous." I clarify and he rolls his eyes.

"I'm not jealous. I am a little upset though that you just completely abandoned talking to me all day to hang out with him." He says and I roll my eyes.

"I didn't mean to Max. We ran into each other at the studio and decided to catch up. That was all. I guess we lost track of time, but that was it." I say and he nods.

"Mmhmm. Alright whatever." He says and I let out a long breath.

"I don't understand why your mad right now. I didn't do anything wrong." I say annoyed.

"No, but your hanging out with someone who has publicly had a massive crush on you for years." He says and I roll my eyes.

"He's over it Max. Plus he's in a relationship and has a daughter now. We're just friends. That's all we ever were and that's all we will ever be. Now can you stop being jealous because I miss my husband and would like to have a good conversation with him instead of arguing." I say and he eventually nods.

"Alright I'm over it. How was your day?" He asks and I smile.

"It was good. I brought the kids to the park after I picked them up from school and we fed the ducks. Zara asked about a dog again." I say slipping in the last sentence, because I'm starting to get Zara's point on why she wants another one and now I want another puppy.

"Demi. We have two dogs already and we're about to have four kids. We don't need another one." He says and I roll my eyes.

"Please." I say now resulting into begging as I pout slightly.

"Being cute is not going to work Babe. I'm serious." He says and I sigh.

"But if we get another one then maybe that will get Batman and Ella to not be so lazy anymore." I suggest and he chuckles as he shakes his head.

"Then we will have three wild dogs. No Demi." He says and I huff annoyed.

"Whatever." I mumble.

"Hey, don't get all mad now. You know I have valid reasons on why we don't need another one." He says.

"And I have valid reasons on why we should get one." I reply.

"Demi." He says throwing his head back slightly and I know that I'm starting to annoy him with all this puppy talk. "Maybe in another year or two and we can get another one, okay?" He says but I sigh.