~ Chapter One ~

Authors Note: Thank you for checking out my story! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did while writing it! Haha! ^-^

Word Count: 1,000

💖

"Hey, Adrien?" She tapped on his shoulder. He turned around, curious. "I-I have something to tell you, I like you and you're only going to think because of who your father is but, it isn't. It's how you're sweet and kind to everyone. You treat everyone the same because you believe that everyone has a golden heart. Even with Chloe." She gazed down to the floor, biting her lip, hugging herself. "I know you don't like me back because you're in love with Ladybug."

"W-Wow, Marienette. That's the kindest thing anyone has ever said to me," He scratched the back of his neck. "But-"

"I know. You don't need to say it." She sighed and turned away, starting to walk back towards Alya but someone grabbed her arm, preventing her to do so.

"But, you're wrong." Adrien twirled her into his arms, dipping her as he looked into her bluebell eyes. "I have always liked you but my love for Ladybug blocked the most precious, kind person I've ever met." He leaned close to Marienette, just a few inches away from her soft, pink lips that he adored.

By now, Marienette's a blushing mess as she looked into his piercing emerald eyes. "Y-You really th-think s-so?"

"I know so, Marienette Dupian-Cheng." He closed the small gap between them, closing his eyes. Marienette closed hers as she wrapped her arms around his neck, smiling like a lovestruck high school teenager, kissing back. He pulled away, a tint of pink rising to his cheeks. "I love you."

"Marienette? Marienette!" Tikki yelled in Marienette's ear, trying to wake her up.

She hummed dreamily, hugging her body pillow of Adrien. "Hm~ I love you too, Adrien~"

"Ugh, get up! You're going to be late, Marienette!" Tikki pulled on her hair, that didn't work. She sighed and flew to the bathroom, filling a cup of hot water. She poured it onto Marienette's face, causing her to wake up.

"G-Gah! Adrien's hot!" She sat up quickly, finding herself staring at a not-so-pleased Tikki. She pursed her lips, looking down. "I overslept again, didn't I?"

"Yes, yes you did. It's 15 minutes until eight o'clock, Ladybug. Get out of bed and start getting dressed, please. I double-checked that your homework and supplies you'll need for today are in your bag already."

"Really? And thank you, Tikki. I don't know what I would do without you." She smiled, kissing the little Kawami on its forehead.

I don't know either, Marienette. You've got to get your life a little more put together. Being Ladybug isn't easy, I know that but you still need to live a little. You're not going to be around forever, nor will I continue to be in your life. I'd love for you to get out of your comfort zone, Ladybug. You really need it. The little immortal creature thought to herself.

Marienette climbed down her ladder, going to go get dressed for school. She took off her every-night pajamas and put on her everyday outfit. Grabbing the last few accessories, she stopped to look at the mirror, exhaling softly. "Tikki, Do you think that I should have my hair down today? I don't know, I kind of want to try something different, you know?" She asks, twirling her pigtails with her fingers.

"Do whatever you think will make you happy, Marienette."

She took out the ribbons, letting her hair fall to her shoulders, grinning to herself in the mirror. "Thanks, Tikki. You're so helpful, honestly." She says as Tikki hugged her cheek, soon flying down to Marienette's purse.

Marienette quickly walks down the stairs, grabbing a piece of toast off the counter in the kitchen. She exchanged quick good mornings and hellos with her parents, also telling them that she's going to be late if she stayed any longer. She runs across the street, reaching the front stairs. She speed-walked up them, not wanting to fall this morning. She sprinted again to class, sitting in her seat just as the bell rang.

"Nice to see you on time, Marienette." Ms. Bustier smiled warmly. "Let's keep that, alright?"

"Oh my! The infamous Marienette Dupian-Cheng is here on time! Is the sky falling?" Chloe cackled.

"If I had 1,000 dollars every time you insulted Marienette, or anyone for the matter, Chloe. I'd be richer than you." Alya remarked. The class laughed and snickered quietly to themselves. Even the teacher had to stop herself a little.

"Haha, you wish."

"Where's my 1,000 dollars?"

"Class, let's get back on the topic unless you want to do the kindness exercise girls?" The three teen girls shook their heads no, shutting themselves up. "Great! Glad you three are on the same page and Marienette, stop daydreaming, please? Try and listen today, okay? It'll be important because of the test, everyone." Ms. Bustier sighed softly. Teen's these days... What can I do to help them all?

Marienette blushed softly and nodded towards the teacher, biting her lip. Knowing that the test needed her focus and attention. Otherwise, she'd not be able to catch up with the rest of the class and have to repeat it next year.

Ever since she was chosen to be Ladybug, her grades have been slacking. She's missed a lot of school days, almost enough to have to attend summer school which she didn't want, not in the slightest. Her parents also haven't been pleased, but mostly worried about why this was happening. They've tried talking to her about it but Marienette wouldn't allow it. I guess I need to balance things, starting today. You've got this, Marienette. How hard could it be?

As chatter overlapped in the cafeteria, Adrien proposed the idea of he and his friends spend the spring break at one of the summer homes that the Agreste family owns. To give everyone a break of things, and for himself. Plagg thought that it would be a good idea and Adrien is sure that Ladybug can handle herself. She's strong, brave, resourceful, and more. He told her beforehand as well.

Mostly everyone agreed, besides Marienette. "I-I don't think I should go... I have a lot of things to catch up on. S-Sorry, Adrien..." She stuttered out, hiding her face. Even though they're in high school, she still can't manage to say words without blushing in Adrien's presents.

"Nope, you're going. And I'm pretty sure that a pretty, blonde guy could help you~" Alya nudged her best friend in the shoulder. "If he can pass the class without cheating like how Chloe does with her money, then he's smart. More or less."

"It's okay, I understand, Marienette," Adrien replied. "But if you want some help, I don't mind tutoring you. Somehow, I understand what we're doing in math." He laughed a little to himself. "More or less?" Adrien tilted his head to the side slightly.

"Alya, don't be mean..." Marienette mumbled quietly to herself.

Alya chuckled to herself. "It's alright, Adrien knows that I'm playing around." She rubbed Adrien's shoulder, smiling softly.

"I know but still..."

The bell bounced off the walls as it rang, telling the students to scurry off to their classes because lunch was over. The four friends went their separate ways to their next class, giggling and talking with each other more.

💖

Authors Note: That was the first chapter, Sweeteners! I think I'm going to call my readers that for fun, haha! What are your thoughts? Is there anything I need to improve on for the next chapter? I know I'm not the best which is why Eryn, fluffybluehearts is helping me write this! Go follow her! She has amazing stories as well!

Anyway, have a wonderful morning/afternoon/evening/night!