I want you.

After meeting Luke, it felt like our two worlds collided together and became one. 

Singing with him, felt as if I could breathe again. For the first time in a long time, I felt complete. 

Yet I couldn't even go near him without his shadow walking through me. 

Our hands had tried to meet many times, but like air, his hand glided across mine. 

Until one evening, when tears began to stream down my face, outside in front of the garage where we rehearsed. As the rain poured down, I stood there two feet planted on the floor unable to move. 

My eyes letting go of the rushing water coming down on the sides of my cheeks, getting lost in the rain drops. 

I almost laughed at myself. 

How pathetic. Pull yourself together. 

But that only made things worse. 

That is until a voice calls out behind me. 

"Can you get out of the rain." I hear him say. Looking back his smile quickly fades as he spots my swollen eyes. 

Following his advice, I slowly make my way into the garage. My now soaking wet clothes clinging to my body making me feel even heavier than I did before. 

"What were you doing out there." he almost yells. 

"I was just taking a minute" I explain, taking a seat by the garage door, my back leaning on it as I tucked my knees into my chest. 

Joining me on the floor, he doesn't take his eyes off of me...not even for a minute with a concerned look in his eyes. 

"You have the ability to go anywhere, and you decide to sit here" I say giving him a small smile. 

"Ah well, it's an interesting little relationship you and I have, isn't it" he smirks, putting his head against the door, his eyes still focused on me. 

Looking over at him. He flickers a bit and my heart instantly drops. I try to control my tears the best I could. But I broke down, once again. 

'Hey, tell me what's actually wrong." he says sitting up and trying towards me. 

'I'm just tired, Luke." 

"Tired?" he says furling his brows. "What do you mean?" 

Looking at him dead in the eyes, I just smile in defeat. 

"I need you" I say, as my voice cracks. 

'I'm here." He explains. 

"No...your not" I say trying to grab ahold of his hand, only for it to float right through his. 

His face drops, understanding exactly why I was upset. 

"I want to hold your hand when things get tough or I feel scared. I want to hug you after we sing together or when we finish writing a song...I want to kiss you...all the time" my voice completely breaks in the end, causing a new set of tears to run down my face. 

"I just...I want you." I almost whisper. 

I could tell he was ready to break down, but he quickly saved himself by getting up and facing the other way. Quickly wiping his eyes, he turns around thinking hard about what to say next. 

But that's the thing...it isn't his fault. 

"Luke" I say, interrupting his thoughts. "I didn't say this to hurt you. Or make you feel bad because this...is something out of your control". Walking closer to him, until I was a few inches away from his holographic face, feeling as if I could almost touch him, I add

"I needed to tell you because I am falling madly in love with you...and I'm terrified." 

"What, are you serious" is all he could get out.

Nodding my head in reassurance, I respond "Yes, I'm serious. Not a minute goes by where I'm not thinking about you...or us." 

He slowly steps closer to me, cutting the distance between us to a mere breath. 

"Well I've been in love with you since the first day I saw you." he smiles. 

I just stand there trying to contain myself and breathe. 

"Luke." I say trying to gather my thoughts. 

Before I could react. I felt a warmth around my waist. Only to meet Luke's shocked eyes. 

Looking down I see his hands holding my waist, ever so slightly. 

It felt like a ray of light filling my soul from within. 

"Luke" I say in disbelief. 

His eyes widened as my hands trialled to his arms. Putting my hands on his arms, I felt his warmth for the very first time. 

Within seconds, I feel him embrace me with all the power within him. His hands wrap around me tight, as I wrap my hands around his neck holding him tight. 

For the first time, I felt home. Safe. and loved. 

For the first time, I felt like anything was possible.