|Secrets within secrets|

"Secrets have a way of revealing itself with time"

- anonymous

Melissa's pov-

I couldn't sleep,my conscience was eating me and a sudden fear gripped me. What will happen to my parents? Will I never see them again?

My head was spinning with all these questions and unable to sleep anymore, I removed the blanket off my body, got down from bed,wrapped a shawl around myself and slipped on my slippers. With slow measured steps I walked across my room towards the door. I turned the knob and the door opened. The corridor was pitch black, a sliver of moonlight slipped through the window. I looked around for any sign of movement and sighed when I heard none.

I grabbed a torchlight from my room before heading out. My feet automatically took me to the library which had become my sanctuary. It was eerily silent. Thomas, the cat, who belonged to the housekeeper was nestled on the armchair lazily. There was also a fire in the fireplace. I felt a shiver run down my spine. My first instinct was to run but I calmed myself and decided to stay.

Suddenly the cat looked at me. It's green eyes sparkled and it motioned for me to sit with him on the armchair with its paw. I hesitated before deciding to do it. The cat scooted to one side and I made myself comfortable.

This is so strange! Why do I feel like something is going to happen?

I looked at the cat to see that it had curled by my side and was fast asleep. Silly me! I said to myself. As if the cat would have answers to my questions. To keep myself occupied, I decided to read a book.

My favourite part of the library was the classic section so I decided to explore it further. I felt a thrill course through my body. It was hard to choose between so many books, I was thinking which book to read when an old leather bound book caught my eye. This particular book was not on the shelf but on a circular table near the shelf.

I decided to satisfy my curiosity. Taking the book in my hand,I turned the page. There seemed to be no page anymore but a hole in the middle which contained an antique key.

My thoughts were momentarily broken by a loud bang. And the next minute the fireplace was blown out. I felt a shudder. Then I heard a wicked laughter and darkness enveloped me as I my body hit the carpeted floor.

 Then I heard a wicked laughter and darkness enveloped me as I my body hit the carpeted floor

The Greek Billionaire's Goddess

Why is the cat in the library?Is the key the door to answers? Who do you think laughed? What will happen next?

Is the key the door to answers? Who do you think laughed? What will happen next?

Read to find out...

If you like the story don't forget to like, comment and vote! Don't be a silent reader I would love to hear your thoughts and you can hit me up if you want to be friends!