Prologue

I have been sitting here for hours. Although there are so many around me and within me, I feel like I am all alone in this world and running the race of life alone. Sitting on the cold metal chair of the mental hospital and knowing that soon, the nurse will be calling my name and then the doctor will be "inspecting" my disorder and giving me medications to subsidize the one thing, in fact, the three things, that have given me solace my entire life is not a feeling I knew I would experience and the experience I dreaded the most.

Ever heard of 'talk of the devil'. Well, there she came, out of the doctor's office and in front of me and my parents. My mind was so fogged by the fear that I could not hear what she was saying. My mother held me by my arm and slowly walked me to the doctor. I resisted. I resisted with all my strength, but that didn't seem to affect her in any way. My pulling away wasn't causing any impact because I was so week. My mind always knew when to send in someone else to take my place. When I was too weak, Jake or Emma, or Maya would come in and take control of my mind and body and help me get out of the situation. But, no one came out now. All of us were scared. Emma was crying back there and it pierced my heart. She was always so happy and she only cried when things were too hard to handle. At last, I give up and let my parents drag me to the doctor and make me sit on yet another cold metal chair. A chair that looked the same but gave me bigger jitters than the one outside.