Just Your Average Daily Freak Out

In the end I took sleep medicine. The pill knocked me out after an hour or sometime past midnight and I didn't wake up until the soothing hours of eleven in the morning. A sigh left me as I buried my face back into my bed sheets. I tend not to take sleep meds, not because I was at risk or anything, but because I slept way more with them and had trouble getting up.

It was Monday. Another sigh. I couldn't go back to sleep. I didn't have school in person but I did need to fill in attendance and do some work before fifteen. No work at the store today luckily, though the days off had steadily increased. More people were joining and hours were being cut. Jennifer, Greg and May had been complaining abo-.

...Oh. May. Crap. I was wide awake then. How could I forget about something like that?! At that point I wanted to scream into my stuffie but only a groan left me. No idea if my mum already left for work but since she didn't wake me, or I don't remember waking up, it's safe to assume she didn't. She probably didn't work until later in the afternoon, around thirteen or something. May... she probably didn't work today and if she did not until fifteen at the earliest.

This gave me some time to... to... to do what? Plan? Beg? Hide away? None of those options seemed right though. She was in school today and it's not like she'd answer her phone to meet up or whatever. Maybe I could just send a text? Hope she sees it before going into work, if she even does, to make sure she doesn't rat me out to my mum? Well that's all I could do for now.

I slipped on my glasses and grabbed my phone, put in the password and didn't find anything of great importance. A couple emails from my teachers about assignments, some YouTube notifications and Starbucks informing me of a new deal. No messages from any messaging platform. So May hadn't contacted me.

I started up Snapchat, what May most commonly used, and pulled up her name, readying to send a text. ...What do I even text? How the heck does someone even start a text in this situation? "Oh yeah hey good morning, could you not mention yesterday at all, pretend I never called you 'mummy', then bury me in a ditch?". Oh yes, great! That sounded like the perfect thing to say. Not.

I rested the phone against my forehead and sighed yet again. So much sighing this morning. Snapchat informed the other right away if someone was talking to you so it's not like I could type then delete the text twenty times over like usual. What to type. What to say. I suppose a simple, "hey, can we chat" would suffice or, wait, would "can we talk" sound better? Maybe "what's up?", but that sounded a bit sudden. Then again the conversation was already sudden but... I'll just stick with a "hey can we talk?"

Me
"Hey, can we talk?"

Gods it still sounded so formal, why'd I have to go with proper grammar? Too late now. I waited... and waited... and tried looking at YouTube or something but my nerves were prickling. It had to have been an hour before I got a reply, no, wait, it's only been five minutes. Great day Monday this is.

May
"yea sure what's up?"

Should I have gone with a "what's up?" Wait no no no, ignore that, proper conversation comes first, stop thinking of what happened an ho- five minutes ago. Okay so. What now? May's lookalike character was staring back at me as I considered. I didn't have long to think before May went and did whatever else.

Me
"So about yesterday"

Stupid, stupid, stupid. You're supposed to, like, ease them into the conversation or something. Might as well try to apologise. I was about to type out a simple "sorry, can you not mention it to anyone?" when I saw those little dots above May's head. Crap. She's typing. I can't just start typing when someone else is typing, that's so rude and I can't find the courage to try stopping them, what if they are typing something important? I couple seconds passed before a-