CHAPTER-8 LITTLE ABDUCTION

I woke up to find that nobody was at home. My mom had left with an aunt for reasons unknown, and Janice had stayed over at her friend's house the previous night, which I had just found out in the morning. I got ready for work, feeling tired even before the day had begun. Today was shaping up to be a long and exhausting day.

...

A few hours later...

Roman didn't show up at work today, probably due to a hangover, and thankfully, Janice didn't mention anything about yesterday. Other colleagues were giving me curious glances here and there, but otherwise, things seemed relatively normal.

I set down my pen as I heard the ting sound of an old, rusted wall clock on the wall in front of me. I glanced at it and realized that it was already past 9 o'clock. I had stayed late, thanks to Jessica piling on extra paperwork for me. Taking a deep breath, I felt a sense of relief knowing that I had finally completed all the files that had been sitting on my desk.

Now, I was the only one left in the office, and the sound of the clock ticking seemed to echo in the quiet space. It sent shivers down my spine. I never liked working late at night, even though I enjoyed exploring the world. There was something eerie about traveling alone at night that always gave me chills.

"Woof," I shook my body a bit, trying to shake off the uneasiness that had settled over me. I was exhausted and incredibly tired. I packed up my things and decided to take a short break outside in the park.

The parking lot was dimly lit, and as I unlocked my car and opened the driver's side door, a cloth suddenly covered my eyes, blocking my sight. Panic set in, and I screamed. Whoever was doing this pushed me further into the car door, muffling my screams. I struggled, thrashing my hands and legs everywhere, desperately trying to push the person away.

"Hellllppppppppppp!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. "Who are you? What are you doing?"

But my attacker was too strong. My body was pressed against the car door, my hands immobilized behind my back. I could only assume it was a man by his broad, muscular physique. He tightened the cloth around my eyes, making it impossible for me to resist. It hurt, and I pleaded, "It's hurting! Please, stop it!"

He moved slightly, taking the scarf from my neck and using it to bind my wrists tightly behind my back. I continued to struggle against his grip, but it was futile. The bindings were so tight that I was certain my blood circulation had been cut off. Still, I kept rambling, "Leave me!" I shouted as he grabbed my arm and started dragging me somewhere. He shoved me inside the car, and we didn't walk far, so I assumed he was taking me in my own vehicle.

He fastened the seatbelt around me, and I heard the sound of the car door closing. Soon after, the engine roared to life, and the car began to move. Panic and horror washed over me as I wondered what he might do to me. "Where are you taking me? You idiot, just let me go!" I yelled at him, my voice filled with alarm and frustration. "Hi, Ella," a familiar voice said. I froze. I knew that voice.

It was Aaron Maxwell.

"Speechless, are we?" he chuckled. He thought this was a joke, that arrogant jerk. I would never forgive him for this. Just let me be free! I tried to reason with him, "Look, if all this is because of yesterday, I'm not going to apologize again. I already did it once, and if you—"

But he cut me off. "Tsk tsk, Ella. You can save that for later. For now, keep quiet." The nerve of this guy! Anger surged within me. "You don't get to tell me what to do and what not to do!"

He snapped, his voice betraying his anger. "Ella, this is your last chance. Stay quiet, or else—"

"Or else what?" I interrupted. "After abducting me, you're ordering me around? You're delusional if you think I'm going to obey you."

"That's it," he said, abruptly slamming on the brakes. I was thrust forward, and I heard the sound of things rumbling.

What was he doing? I wondered, my anticipation mixed with fear. He had already bound me. Was he going to hit me or, worse, kill me?

"I already warned you twice, but you had to be so stubborn. Don't blame me now; it's entirely your doing, sweet cheeks," he said, his voice laced with a hint of menace. With that, I felt something near my lips.

"Open your mouth." Was he going to gag me? My face paled as the realization dawned upon me. I turned my head to the side and said, "No, you can't do this to me. I'm going to report you."

He tightened his grip on my jaw with one hand, forcibly turning my face towards him. "You can do whatever you want, love. But don't you think you need to escape first?"

"You asshole..." My words died in my throat as he roughly shoved the cloth inside my mouth. I tried to spit it out, but he pressed his palm against my lips, securing it in place. Then he tied another cloth tightly around my mouth.

I couldn't breathe. Oh God, I couldn't. Panic overwhelmed me, and I fought to take deep breaths, desperately trying to calm myself down. "It's okay, Ella. Everything's going to be fine. Relax, relax." TO HELL WITH RELAXING! I screamed at him through the gag, but my voice was muffled.

Feeling humiliated and defeated, I stopped pleading. Tears welled up in my eyes, streaming down my cheeks and dampening the blindfold. He continued driving, taking me to god knows where. Minutes felt like hours, and I couldn't comprehend what was happening.

Finally, the car came to a stop. He opened his door, and shortly after, my door opened too. He undid my seat belt, and I instinctively leaned back, not wanting to go with him. "Ella, don't make this harder for yourself."

"Leave me!" I yelled again, but my voice emerged muffled. I heard him sigh, and in one swift motion, he hoisted me over his shoulder, closing the door in the process.

He carried me somewhere, and after what felt like an eternity, he dropped me onto something soft. I could feel the presence of a mattress.

"So, where should we start?" he said. Oh boy, I was in deep trouble.

"So where should we start" oh boy I am so dead!

•••
[1165 words]

You can read further on Goodnovel.
My account- unfilteredshots
Search by- "Running from mafia"
And enjoy the entire book their.
Hope you'll like it.
For any query , can DM me here.
Thanks a lot.
You can also follow me on Instagram
By 'unfiltered.shots'
Hope to see you on Goodnovel and Instagram.
If you like the story, please vote and comment. It really means a lot to me.
Bye, take care
Lots of love pretties♥️