Chapter 8

Eren PoV:

When Levi said he was 'falling in like with me', I swear to God, I felt my heart stop beating (not literally), but I also felt it beat faster.

Never, has anyone told me that they like me. To be honest, there were a few other guys I went out with in my lifetime... But they never really lasted that long. I was always the one telling I liked them, not the other way round. So, naturally, I was not used to these kinds of situations. So, I did the most logical... Wait, the only thing I could've done in that situation, at that very moment: I held his hands.

I felt his oh so soft skin again, and god, did I want to hold those hands for the rest of my life. I felt his palms under my thumbs, all sweaty but they were Levi's hands all the same. He was shaking, and I avoided his eyes for a long time. I was lacing our hands together, unlacing them and lacing them together again. "Eren..." I heard Levi mumble, and his voice cracked. Smiling sadly at him, I brought his hands to my lips. He froze, but I chose to ignore the growing heat on my cheeks and ears instead. I kept planting little kisses on his palm, and I realized I was shaking too.

Whatever God is up there, why did Levi like me? Out of all the people, little fucking me. I mean, hell yes it's amazing, but what the hell does he see in me?

"Eren..." A ragged sigh came out of Levi's lip, and he was looking back at me with those empty, gray orbs. "W-what are you doing, you brat..." I chuckled, and my hand flew up to cup his cheek, stroking the skin there too. How can someone be so beautiful? He looked like he was... Glowing? Holy fuck, that sounds really cheesy and god. He was blushing too, which was adorable.

"Heh, maybe I'm falling in like with you too." I gave him a small smile, and tucked a piece of hair behind his ear.

I said, and there is no going back.

At that moment, Levi looked like he was trying to fight back tears. I didn't know why, but I didn't want to see him cry again, I wasn't like him and my heart ached to see him like that. I held the back of neck, and pulled him towards me.

I pulled him into a hug, and he buried his face in the crook of my neck. His face was hot, and wet, but I didn't care. I just wanted Levi happy... He wrapped his arms around my neck, I pulled him closer. I had to spread my legs around him, since he was curled up into a ball at this point. I felt his heart beat rapidly, and I think he was possibly going through the same thoughts as me. "You... You-" He began. I ran my hands through his raven hair, and through his undercut. "You... Fuck it, you shitty brat..." He was chuckling, despite the hot tears going down my neck. His breath was hot, and I buried my own face in his hair.

He was so small, and that was funny because he was so intimidating. Yet, he felt so small in my arms, crying and laughing at the fact that someone returned his feelings.

Levi pulled back, arms still around my neck, and he smiled. I wanted him to smile like that more, and for some reason, at that moment, I felt like that smile was for me, and will be only shown to the people most precious to Levi. I wanted him to smile, truthfully, and not scarcastically of whatever. I wanted him to smile, more sure, but I only want him to show his true smile to me.

I felt kind of stupid for not kissing him before, so I did it then.

~~~

;)