Song Bird: Part 1

(Ali and Yaprak are standing in an embrace, unaware to an uninvited guest that watches them from a distance. Baris is standing behind the glass partition that separates the lawn and the interiors of the house, his lips pursed as he takes in the whole scene. He waits, hoping that Yaprak will break off, telling Ali that they are only friends. Or Ali will break off, thinking that Yaprak doesn't have any feelings for him. But neither happens, and he only feels like a fool for coming here. Hesitantly, he takes a final look at them before heading out of the house)

(At Melike's house. Oya has come to meet her and Zelis, who gets off a call with Oguz and comes down to talk to them.)

Zelis: I just talked to Oguz. The kids are all fine. (looking at Oya) Ah, Oya! What a surprise.

(Oya and Zelis embrace. Melike brings three cups of coffee for all of them and they all sit down to talk)

Oya: How are the wedding preparations coming along, Melike? I swear to God, if you don't let me do the make-up, I will be upset with you for the rest of my life.

Melike: (laughing) I would let you, but the wedding is still on pause until my son decides to forgive me.

Oya: (looks surprised) Sinan hasn't talked to you yet?

Melike: He has, but only to ask how I am. He is still avoiding talking about anything else.

Zelis: Also, there a new development. Ece broke up with her fiancé, and we think Sinan and Ece are warming up to each other again.

Melike: Zelis, what...

Zelis: Come on, dear. We knew that both the kids were so much in love back then. Sinan even defied her father to hide her in the house. (pauses) Look at it this way, if Melike and Tarik get married then the kids will be step-siblings and can never get together. If they get together now, then their parents can't get married. It is complicated, isn't it?

Oya: I swear, it is way too complicated. What are going to do about it, Melike? Have you given it a thought?

Melike: (sips her coffee and shakes her head) I feel like I know what to do, but I still don't have the heart for it.

(Evening. Oguz has invited Gokhan and Sinan to hang out with him at his studio. The boys are going around the whole space and looking at the works of the other artists)

Sinan: Lucky you are, Oguz. The man literally gave you a whole room to yourself, unaware of the trouble that you might bring on him.

Oguz: I don't bring trouble to anyone, come on. (Both Sinan and Gokhan raise their eyebrows to look at him) Fine, just one. I only got his manager fired, but that's all. He is already on the lookout for the second, I am sure.

Gokhan: (eyes wide) You got his manager fired? Dude, what the hell?

Oguz: Only because that guy was such an idiot, and a fraud. Mr Hasan thanks me every day for the favour I did him.

Sinan: (shakes his head) Of course.

(The boys are still walking around, joking and talking when a young boy appears and calls Oguz)

Boy: Oguz brother, there is someone outside to meet you.

Oguz: Someone who?

Boy: She says that she is a friend.

Gokhan: Yaprak is here? Didn't she and Ali say that they will be busy with their event planning?

Sinan: Maybe they finished up? (to the boy) Is she here with a guy?

Boy: No, she is alone.

Oguz: (frowning) Uh, okay. We are going outside. Let me lock everything up then.