a slight change

this is absolute madness. surely this is impossible?

i decide to go to Tony's, if anyone's going to have answers it's him. I knock the door when I arrive but he isn't there? Nobody is?

"Tony. I...I think I'm reliving the day Hannah died. Please answer, I know I've always said I don't need you: but I need you now" I leave the message on his answer machine and walk away, but where can I go?

The crestmont. It's only a few blocks from here. Maybe, if I got there in time I could stop it. I could stop her? Somehow?

So I set off without even a second thought. I can't stop running not even stopping to catch my breath that I keep losing control of. I ran miles in minutes, until I get there.

I see her walk through the door, so I run in after her, and I see me.

"Do something!!" I yell as loud as I can. Watching her drop her uniform on the counter she walks away and I hold onto her arm but she walks straight through me. This is so unfair!

But then I realise maybe if I went back to her house I could stop her doing it? So I follow behind as she goes to the postbox and then Tony's and then she goes back to her house, I follow her inside.

"Hannah" I say pathetically. She can't hear me. But I won't give up. I can't give up. I follow her upstairs, expecting her to turn around and say why didn't you do this when I was alive? But she doesn't. She just runs the tub, picks out some old clothes.

I can't stop this. All I can do is stand there frozen. The door shuts in my face and locks. As I watch her through the mirror, I can't help but cry. I don't want to witness this. I need to stop it. So I knock the razor blade out of her hand

And to my utter surprise, it falls to the floor. She picks it back up but it makes me think. Was that me? Or did she just drop it?

When she goes to cut I try again. This time knocking it into the bath, and it works again, this can't be a coincidence!

She picks it back up, looking at her arm, at the pain she is about to cause herself. And no matter what I do, I even try and unplug the bath. She makes the first cut, I scream at her to see me, that I love her, That I'm sorry.

I hold her hand but it passes right through her. As if she were a ghost.

This is pure horror. I'm stuck in some kind of time lapse, everything goes slower. And then she looks directly at me.

You can't change the past Clay.

Her voice, her words are so cold.

And then I wake up. In sheer sweats, crying my heart out. My arms outstretched towards her but she isn't there. All that's there is the infinity ceiling I tried so hard to believe she was a part of. That it was true.

But none of it is true.

"Clay, breakfast!!"

Not again...please not again.