Prologue

I woke up with a start breathing labored, what was going on, did I have a bad dream? I then noticed everyone running like mad. It was then that my hearing kicked in and my senses came to life. Everything became clear, the alarm was going off! How could the alarm go off? It hadn't been heard in years! I sat up as quickly as a groggy, Un-coordinated teenage girl could & started getting dressed in my uniform of black leather. I finally finished with a record breaking five minute dressing, and booked it down the small spiral staircase that lead to my chamber and scrambled into the servant's corridor, which so happened to be the fastest way to the throne room.

Seeing the great golden doors at the end of the hall, I slowed down and took a deep breath and adjusted my leather vest and made sure my sword was properly sheathed on my back. I nodded to the servant standing there to open the door when I was ready. As the door opened to the great hall I took several long strides till I was ten feet from the throne and fell to one knee.

"Lady Tarren Oaken-heart reporting to duty your highness." Despite the chaos around me, my voice came out steady and firm. His Highness, King Browning IV motioned for me to rise.

"Do you know what has happened, Tarren?" The king questioned, using my informal name.

I shook my head no. I felt stupid for not asking anyone on my rush to even see what was going on. "Our kingdom jewel, the Crystal, has been taken."

a small gasp of surprise and dread hit me while he let that sink into my mind. Dread filled my body, the Crystal was the only thing powerful enough to keep our city of Iron-Forge and those of our kingdom, Bagéil at peace. Without it, we could lose the power to keep the unwanted presence of Dark Souls at bay.