The Games

"Welcome everyone. To the 76th annual Hunger Games!" were the words everyone dreaded to hear. And they had been said. How? Why? Katniss had promised us there wouldn't be any more of these wretched games. No more of the blood-shed and pain. No more losses of loved ones. No more. But they were happening. Right now. Again. My name must be in God knows how many times. I had a big part in the rebellion but I knew for sure Peeta hated me. I already knew he would have slipped my name in a few times. A few too many. Don't get me wrong, Peeta is a good guy. Caring, loyal and a great baker, but for some reason he just...hates me.

So there I was, freezing cold in the coutyard of District 13. The icy wind getting right into my body and stabbing every little never. The winter snow covering everyone and making them into sad little snowmen, waiting to see it today is the day they melt. I tried to look calm and normal like everyone else but instead my handsare saking my faceis heating up uncotrollably and there is noone to help me. Then comes Katniss and Peeta onto the stage, giving their speaches. I can't help but think that Peeta is glaring at me. But he probably isn't. It's just a feeling I get when I think I'm being watched. But who would ever watch me? Skinny, lanky, peace-loving me. I mean most people here would fight for something, me? I wouldn't. I won't use violence. So here is Katniss giving her speach (wich I have not been listening to at all) and Peeta puts his hand intothe bowl with the girls' names. "Dear God don't let it be my friends, please please please no God no", yeah I mutter to myself, "Carlina Tonioli". Who? I'd never head of her before. She walked down the rows and rows of onlookers. She wore old fashioned, horn-rimmed specticles and by the sound of her name, she must be an immafrint from Italy or near there. She didn't look very confident either. I could see as she passed that her hands were shaking and her eyes kept shifting. When she got to the stage Katniss asked her "Do you have anything to say?". She stuttured. She obviously didn't speak English. Everyone was staring at her, waiting for her. I could see that she was on the verge of crying a flood of tears. Poor girl. She shouldn't have to go through this. *"Io non sono andato dove volevo andare, ma penso di aver finito dove ho bisogno di essere". Everyone just started blankly at her. Well at least she had the courage to say something.

"Now the boys" announced Peeta. Oh yey. Out came the name.Folded tightly into a square. He sloly un-folded it and..."Ben Turner". No not him. Anyone but him. He was the worst person to be in the games. He couldn't fight anyone and he wouldn't. And worst of all,it was me.

So there I was, little old me. Slowly making his way up to the stage, past all the staring eyes of District 13. All of them were looking not at me, but into me. Into me to see if they could work out anything about me but especially if I could win. What a surprise they will get. I got onto the stage, I don't know how I got there my legs must have just carried me, and, like he will always do, Peeta said "So you got anything to say to 13?"

“Just one thing”

“Oh?”

“Just…don’t give up hope. The time will come when we will win” What stupid words to say! No one will listen to that! But thats not what Katniss thought.

"Oh...umm...I'm sure you all will". I could see it in her eyes. She knew that she had to keep an eye on me. She saw that I wasn't going to let it happen, the games. I will stop them. I just don't know how.

*I did not go where I wanted to go, but I think I have ended up where I need to be