Chapter 2: Meeting new ones!

"What's that?" I was startled by someone.

"Oh, its just some notes for class" I lied again, not knowing who I was talking to.

"Oh, well guess what?" I recongized that voice. It was Nyoamii, my arch enemie.

"I heard that you and Derrick broke up, so this means that I have a chance."

"A chance? With what?" I was curious...crossing my fingers that she wouldn't say Derrick.

"Derrick Johnson." She had an evil smirk.

Nyoamii and I used to be best friends back in elementary, until my 7th birthday and she took my most favorite present with her. When I asked for them back, it was used and broken. So just to get back at her I took her phone and threw it on the concrete ground. We watched as it broke. Of course, Nyoamii NEEDS to be first place, best at anything. She put dirt and sand on my matresses...with warms. I slepted on them and got tape warm for a month. Then I wrote STUPID+JERK=ME on her forehead when she spent the night at my house. Knowing Nyoamii back then she didn't look in the mirror before leaving. Finally she told my secret to the whole school. That I loved Donny Moore, the ugliest guy in school. But in my eyes he wasn't ugly. He was the kindest boy I knew and he gave me fake flowers. It was finished. Nyomaii had won because everybody treated me like I was...contasious with Ebola or something.

"You do know that he liked me better than he ever liked you" She snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Yup uh huh. Just keep talking" I said as I started to get annoyed.

"You'll see" Nyoamii rolled her eyes as she walked away. I was stucked daydreaming as I walked to 5th hour, until I bumped into someone.

"Um... so-sorry" I stumbled over my own words. Then I realized who I bumped into. It was Derrick.

"Yea, it's fine." He said looking in another direction awkwardly.

"Well then." I said and walked off.

When I walked through my house door my mom was waiting for me on our red fur couch.

"Hi Alexis" She said. I was afraid she knew that I told Derrick my secrect.

"Hi...how was work"

"Ooh Noo. Dont you play that game with me! Did you think I wouldn't find out?" Her voice was rising.

"Whatcha talking 'bout?" There I was lying again.

"I know about the break-up." She opened her arms, warm and loving. I was relieved. I hugged her.

"You've gone a whole week without crying...you're in denial."

"What?" I pulled away. But she forced be to come back.We hugged for a while, then someone knocked on the door. She seemed worried and sent me to my room. I stopped on the stair case and I saw....my dad!