8 Alleyways

I should return Andrea's money but it feels really bad if I can't thank her. Let's invite her for dinner and see what her plans are. I need to hire people anyway.

Brian transferred back the 5k and then texted her.

"Thanks for the money Andy, it was a huge help. I am back on campus. Are you free right now."

Andrea had just come out the shower after the evening running session when her phone pinged.

Oh, it's Brian.

Andrea thought about that kiss when she had been so bold with him.

I should reply first. Dinner would be fine.

"Meet me outside my dorm in 20 minutes."

Andrea needed some time to get ready.

Brian got the message and smiled. Andrea's help was so crucial at hastening the plan.

I don't know what I can do to thank her. I need someone to write content for my site. Don't I? I can choose her.

Brian left his room and walked towards Andrea's. He could see lots of people walking out of the campus. This was the last weekend before the exams. Everyone wanted to party and have fun one last time before the mid terms.

Brian hadn't prepared anything for the exams. F's were just around the corner for him.

I won't be staying here for long. I need to hire some people soon for the administrative part. I need 100k to buy another robot and 1 mil for the engineering robot. This should be the priority for now.

Soon, a girl came out from the girl's dorm. Andrea came out with wet hair.

"Andy, you look different."

"Do I, I just came out of shower.The exams are here. I am so stressed. I was in the library all day."

"You didn't go home?"

"My mom and dad drove here yesterday to spend the day with me. They live in SF. It's not that far."

"I really want to thank you for the money. It came in clutch. I don't know what to do to thank you. The dinner isn't enough."

"Why are you being so formal. You only took it for like 10 days and returned it so quickly. It would have just been useless in my account. You helped in my research so we are even."

Andrea and Brian had reached a restaurant and ordered some food.

"Do you want to drink?"

"I have tried it with my sister only."

"Never mind then. Let's not do it. You sound like a noob."

"You are a noob. I want this." Andrea pointed at the menu on the wall.

Soon, the food and drinks came.

While going back, both Andrea and Brian were a little tipsy and going around an alley when Brian realised that some people were coming towards him.

"What a tight ass. No wonder."

Brian held Andrea's hand when he heard the voice.

Andrea was little scared when 4 guys come out from the side alley. Brian didn't see any guns on them so Brian was little relieved.

If I can get Rob One out of System Space, these punks will regret messing with me. But, why are they waiting for us, I haven't offended anyone. Is it because of Andrea.

Brian fumbled out his phone and money. Brian had already taken the black ball which could summon Rob out. He just needed to deploy it if things went south.

"I only have this much cash. Please leave us alone, we are just students."

"Kid, you need to come with us. Girl, you can go but don't call the cops or we will kill this guy. We just have a little business with him."

Phew, atleast they are leaving Andy. Now, I can deploy Rob when they aren't looking in the dark alley.

Brian was feeling a little excited at the prospect of fighting.

"Leave Andy and don't contact the cops. These guys just want to talk. I will call you as soon as I leave."

"No."

"Please."

Andrea left with brisk steps.

"Follow us inside."

Brian followed the punks. It was very dark in the alley. Brian had already thrown the dark ball out and Rob was out.

They came into an open area which had a street light.

Rob was prowling in the dark. He had a steel pipe which he had picked up in the corner. When Brian was walking in the front with 3 guys leading and last guy following behind Brian. He threw a stone to a different side to create a diversion.

"What happened. One of you go check who is messing around in our turf."

Rob followed the guy and hit him from behind. The guy couldn't even utter a word and fainted with the pain.

Three more to go.

"Kid, stay away from the girl. A big man likes that girl. We have nothing against you, we just took the task of teaching you a lesson that you will remember. Break him arm and let him go."

"Please, No." Brian pretended to be shocked.

All three guys were facing him and he saw Rob lurking behind him.

Rob moved so fast that it felt like he hit 2 people at the same time. When the leader realised that someone had attacked them, he turned around and Brian ran away.

Rob kicked the boss and ran away. He had almost murdered 4 people but no one had seen his face. He just needed to be away from this place and go back to Brian later.

The first thing Brian did was to call Andrea.

"I am fine and coming back to the campus. Meet me at the gate."

Then, Brian called Rob to stay at a cheap motel and meet him tomorrow for buying the car.