Chapter 15

This was what Dara was aiming for.

She wanted him to taste guilt, to guilt trip him out of his marriage to Nana!

"I've said what you needed me to say. I'm too tired to pursue things that happened in the past. My only hope is that in the future, you people will at least let me see my son in peace."

After that, Dara climbed into her car and sped out of Kwon Family's compound.

Jiyong stared at her speeding car until it retreated into the shadows, his heart a cocktail of emotions.

"Jiyong, you're going to believe her?" His mother suddenly asked.

"Jiyong, please don't be mad at Auntie. This is all my fault so be angry at me instead." Nana sulked, performing the role of a good daughter-in-law.

Jiyong looked at them with his pair of dark eyes. He felt he was meeting them for the first time.

Nana's heart rocked with unease under his cold scrutiny.

"Jiyong, please don't be like this..." Nana reached out towards him but Jiyong strode away from them. He stopped after taking a few steps and announced without turning his head, "I will book a table at the restaurant, get the two families together for breakfast."

Then he left without further explanation.

Old Mrs. Kwon and Nana looked at each other, confused by his actions.

"Auntie, what does Jiyong mean by that?" Nana asked anxiously.

Old Mrs. Kwon consoled her, "Don't worry, I'm sure it's just a simple breakfast. After all, the worst we did was lie to Dara, I don't think he plans to pursue this further."

That was true.

If Jiyong was irked by what they did, he would have told them right away.

The fact that he said nothing about it meant that he wanted to put it in the past where it belonged.

Nana immediately sighed in relief. Then, she snickered in delight. Jiyong putting this past them meant that Jiyong still cared about her, right?

The thought greatly improved Nana's mood.

The scene earlier gave her the fright of her life; she'd assumed the worst. To her delight and surprise, Jiyong wanted to put the whole thing to rest.

Nana couldn't suppress the happy and victorious smirk that threatened to bloom on her face.

Dara Park, you think by causing such a grand expose, Jiyong will take pity on you and return to you justice?

In your dreams!

He has never loved you and never will. He is mine and mine alone! And you will never take him away from me!

Nana walked away happily, living on the love she believed Jiyong had for her but had difficulty in expressing.

The more she thought about it, the happier she became...

Dara on the other hand, reached home quickly.

Minzy Park, who had been waiting for her, rushed forward to ask when she walked through the door, "Sis, how did it go? Who did you chop this time?"

Dara was slightly confused. "Chop?"

Minzy Park nodded, "Yes. Didn't you go in with a plan? Your plans almost always involve someone getting chopped, you know... like on the chopping block, so who was the unlucky victim this time?"