lying on the cold hard ground

“Taylor?”

“I knew you were trouble when you walked in...so, shame on me now”

“Taylor? What did I do? I’m sorry, you know this is a business trip so I can’t-”

“Flew me to places I'd never been”

“I tried Taylor. It’s beautiful here don’t you think? Listen, baby, you know I want to spend time with you it’s just-”

“Now I'm lying on the cold hard ground”

Taylor dropped to the floor. Her fragile limbs laced across the icy stone floors of 10 Downing Street. Joe Sr. bent over her young, cold body, speaking softly into the depths of her soul.

“Taylor… Taylor babe, are you okay? Can you hear me? TAYLOR!!”

Joe’s screams echoed into the vanilla cream-colored walls. Prime Minister Chamberlain wasn’t home. Joe thought he would just take Taylor on a visit, on an adventure, but now she was here. Even after seeing his beautiful face, not even a glimmer of shine passed through her eyes.

“See the lights, see the party, the ball gowns,” Taylor murmured. 

“Taylor- Taylor? Can you hear me!?” Joe Sr. said, firmly yet gently. Trying to wake up her soul, but he could not yell at Taylor. He loved her too much.

“See you make your way through the crowd and say, ‘Hello’”

“I remember that,” Joe chuckled through the simmering tears on the edge of his pale eyelids, “I remember the first day I met you down in Hyannisport. You looked so beautiful. I knew from that momen-”

“Little did I know that you were Romeo, you were throwing pebbles”

“I mean yeah I was throwing pebbles at my daughter but I don’t think my name is Romeo”

“And my daddy said, ‘Stay away from Juliet’”

“Oh yeah haha.” Joe chuckled through his empty eyelids, “Your dad’s a good guy. I remember when he was just a little kid and I-”

“And I was crying on the staircase”

“You were?” Joe stared into Taylor’s amber eyes, “Wait, wasn’t this on a beach? I don’t think there were stairs, just a-”

“Begging you, ‘Please don't go,’”

“Taylor,” Joe leaned deeper into Taylor’s empty face, “Taylor, I would never go, you know that. I will stay with you forever. I promise, I told Rose, we’re done. Take the daughters, I don’t want them, I’ll keep the sons though, I like instilling a sense of ambition in them that will kill 3 of them and scar the other and make everyone abandon him because they think he murdered a woman. All I want is you, Taylor, you’re the only one I need.”

Taylor jumped up off of the cold hard ground. She started levitating. But she crashed down to the floor again. This time, her amber eyes had turned a bright red.

“Stay- sta-”

“Taylor, I’ll always stay,” Joe Sr. grabbed her hand, but Taylor quickly pulled her hand away from his.

“No.” she said.

“What did I do? I’m sorry,” Joe whispered.

“Stay tu-”

“Yes Taylor?”

The two shared a moment of deep, intense, blossoming, passionate, vigorous eye contact until Taylor got out the words she was struggling to say:

“STAY TUNED FOR CHAPTER 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”