part five

A month has passed by since the incident. I stayed in my room, not wanting to go out. A meal a day, is just enough. Sunday is still gloomy, even worser now. "Hana, eat please." Mom brought some food. I was pale enough to die. I shook my head, as a no to eating. "You look really sick now. Dad is worry about you." Mom said. "If he's worry, send me to Mark then." I insisted. "Never!" Dad suddenly appeared. "Go out!" I pointed the door, making them go out. They went out of my room, leaving me alone.

I took my phone, checking my messages. I always text him without anyone knows. He was fine, he usually waits for me to come to the cafe every Sunday but no, I didn't. The maid went in my room, I quickly hid the phone. We exchanged glances, I put my finger at my lips, a secret. The maid nodded, and quickly took the laundry away. I sighed, looking out the window. Mom walked in again. "Hana, do you want to go out?" she asked. I nodded lightly. "Dress up, wait for me downstairs." she smiled. I quickly dressed up and went downstairs. I saw the driver was out at the driveway. I ran at him, whispering him something. I told him that just say yes where Mom want to go but go to the 7 Coffee cafe. The driver nodded and went into the car. "Are you ready?" Mom appeared and went inside the car. I nodded and sat beside her. "To the 7 Coffee cafe please." Mom told the driver. Yes, I was shocked. Mom looked at me and smiled. Okay, that was weird.

We arrived at the cafe, I breathe in the good air, looking at my old apartment, remembering those memories with Mark in the house. "Welcome to 7 Coffee!" I heard Mark's voice. "Mom, why did you bring me here?" I asked, curiously. "Dad had a flight to catch after you asked us to go out. I've changed, honey." she explained, touching my cheek. I was speechless, I was really surprised. I hid my face when Mark walked to us. Well, both mom & I hid our face. "May I take your order?" Mark's deep voice appeared. "As always please." I ordered. "Excuse me? I'm sorry I don't really see you as a regular customer." he assumed. "Well, really?" I slowly showed my face, so do Mom. "Oh! Hi..." he was shocked. "Two caramel lattes please!" he ordered the staffs, and sat beside me. "Hello, Mrs. Kim." he greeted my mom. Mom just smiled at him. I was clinging onto his arm. "I miss you." I do miss his hugs. We're just friends of course. "Me too." he chuckled. We talked and talked. Mom suddenly stood up, "I have to go home, call me, so that the driver can drive you home." she smiled. "Oka-" I was stopped by Mark. "I'll send her home." he insisted.

We went to the park, I felt so lovely to be with Mark. "Thank you for today." I thanked him. He just smiled, putting his arm over my shoulders, walking around the park. "Hana." he smiled. "Yes?" I looked at his pretty twinkling eyes. "I love you." I was shocked, I never felt like this before. My heart was beating hard. "I have loved you since we're kids. I know, this is new to you, but you have been the star to my life. My nights never missed a star with you, with me. My nights are missing stars, even a star didn't show up without you. Now, my star, is infront of me." he confessed. I was speechless. He looked me into the eyes. I went closer towards him, and give him a peck. "I love you even more." I hugged him. Now, I know why my Sundays are gloomy. I lost my star that gives me luck. My star, Mark Tuan. This is the end of Gloomy Sunday.