Chapter 1

Title: Nothing Stays Buried

Author: Wereleopard58

Rating: T/Teen and up audiences

Show: Teen Wolf, The Maze Runner

Pairing: Derek/Stiles, Slash,

Warning: AU.

Summary: Gerard Argent released a pollutant into the atmosphere. Decades later Stiles is kidnapped and wakes up in a strange compound. He finds out some interesting facts while there. What happens when he manages to escape with some unexpected company and has Beacon Hills somehow changed in such a short time?

A/N This is loosely based on The Maze Runner as it is set in the Teen Wolf world.

XXXXX

"Nothing stays buried Mr Argent." Senator Winslow stated.

"You can't blame this all on me, you all agreed," Gerard argued.

"Yes, we did and now looking back it seems to be a well-orchestrated plan."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"You don't, let me remind you then. A group of senators and their families were away. They're attacked by something supernatural, but they all managed to survive. Which is when you appear and explain how it could be a number of creatures and how there are dangerous and deadly beasts. You came when they were all still terrified."

"I'd heard about the attack, it is my business after all. I wanted to make sure that they all understood. I was there to help."

"Yourself maybe, I've seen the absolute hatred you have for anything supernatural, unless it serves your purpose, that is. This does lead us perfectly to your solution. I'm still not quite sure if it was created by magic or if it was natural. You released a chemical, a powder, it was supposed to neutralise anything that was supernatural because their body chemistry was different, correct?"

"Yes, that's right."

"Well, it didn't work very well did it?"

"We don't know that."

"We don't..." The senator pinched the bridge of his nose and took a deep breath. "Have any more of them died because of this chemical?"

"Well, I'm not sure the exact numbers as I don't have them in front of me."

"Will you please stop; you are not the President or someone who works for him. It's clear that the answer is no, since your family is still in the business, the last time I checked, well it isn't yours, you married into the family."

Gerard stared at him coldly. "If you know all the answers, why are you asking me?"

"I was making sure the facts are right. These 'tests' you've been doing since it started to attack 'normal' people, which was from the very beginning, are you getting anywhere with them?"

"The results have been promising, we need more subjects."

"Very well, it's been approved, for now. If we don't get definite answers soon, let's just say you'll be thrown to the wolves." The senator smiled and walked out.

There was a gentle tap at the door not long after, it was pushed open, and Victoria walked in.

"Is everything okay?"

"You were lucky being female and being married into this family. I changed my name, did everything they wanted, it was never enough. I had to do something spectacular to prove myself, and I found out, there's always, someone who wants to ruin it for you."