Waking up

'Five, are you sure about this?' Allison asked.

Taking a while to respond, Five sighed.

'It's the only thing I can think of."

'But we don't even know where. I mean when you'll be sending us to, what if it goes horribly wrong?' This time it was Luther who spoke.

'It could most certainly go horribly wrong, but we don't have any other choice, do we?!'

Halfway between unconsciousness and awareness, Vanya vaguely heard the voices argue. She tried to stay awake for as long as possible, but the darkness around her was suffocating, overtaking her, until she gave in and felt herself fall.

down, down, down...

March 21st, 2019

Vanya gave out a soft hum as she slowly drifted back to consciousness. She was lying on a soft, fluffy cloud-like bed, wrapped in a comforter that was keeping her toasty warm. Outside, the sun was rising, shining soft morning light into the room which the curtains kept to a minimal, doing their job to keep the light from disturbing her sleep.

Burying her nose into her pillow, she sighed. She loved these kinds of mornings. The only thing ruining it was the voice at the back of her, head telling her there was something obviously off about all this. However, Vanya simply wrinkled her nose and waved the voice away. She was just too comfortable to care, not when every fibre in her body was telling her to stay in her warm cozy bed and sleep for as long as possible.

Dutifully following her body's need, she snuggled closer to her pillow and pulled on her blanket, cocooning herself into a human, blanket burrito. With a small satisfied smile, she sighed. That was when everything came crashing back to her.

The apocalypse, Leonard, the concert, Luther, Diego, Klaus, Five, Allison, Pogo...

Her eyes snapped open.

Bolting up in her, once comfortable bed but now felt like it was suffocating her, she looked around the room, her heart hammering inside her chest.

Shocked and confused, she felt a panic attack rise up inside her when she suddenly realized that she was in a completely unfamiliar place.

Survival instincts kicking in before anything, she looked at her surroundings with wide, confused eyes.

She was in an apartment, that was much clear due to the floor to ceiling windows that made up most of the walls.

Looking to the side, she frowned when she saw the fine, expensive stones that made up the wall and the long, modern fireplace in it. By the fireplace, there was an expensive-looking, black leather couch with a large ottoman in front of it.

Now turning her attention to the bed she looked at the comforter in confusion when she felt the silky, fine cloth, nothing like her own, old, worn-out blanket.

Blinking a couple of times, she looked around the room, confused and scared.

This was most definitely not her apartment, much less the cell Luther had put her in. So where the hell was she?

Before she could look for any more clues, or even try to come up with an explanation, one of the doors in the room opened.

Whipping her head to the side, she looked at the door, eyes widening when a tall man walked through it. She tensed even further when she noticed his state of undress. As if waking up in some unknown apartment, completely confused as to how she got there wasn't enough, there also had to be a practically naked man added into the mix.