Chapter Six

Draco had helped me pack up and clean the Potions room in less than ten minutes, leaving another half an hour for lunch. We were mostly silent as we tidied and passed things back and forth, besides a moment where I spilt a small amount of the potion's ingredients on my jumper, making him laugh quietly.

Once I'd packed the batch of Sleeping Draught into jars, I shoved them into a purse I kept inside my school bag. Hermione had helped me put an Extension charm on it last year, making it easier for me to carry around any successful batches of potions. Hermione, of course, didn't know that was what I would use the purse for.

"What are you doing for lunch?" Draco asked quietly, looking down at the table we'd just cleared.

"Uh," I hesitated, "I'm not sure. Probably grab something from the Hall and head to the courtyard."

"Hm," He huffed, "How about we take a walk?"

"A walk?" I questioned, "Draco Malfoy wants to take a walk?"

"I think I have some questions to ask you," He looked up at me.

I gulped, "I think I need some food," I said, looking down at my feet.

"Not to worry," He replied, turning around to head out the door of the classroom.

I was disappointed that he had decided to leave me alone so easily. I probably would have answered some of his questions, considering he did help with my new batch of potion. I sighed and picked up my bag, taking a few steps toward the door.

I'd taken a step out of the classroom just as Draco suddenly reappeared. I clutched my hand to my chest, slightly frightened.

"Here," he handed me a decent sized pastry.

I looked at it for a moment, then looked back up to him with my brows furrowed, "Where'd you get this from?"

I noticed he had a pastry held in his hand as well, "I just summoned them. Now you can't refuse a walk."

My mouth fell open and he turned on his heel, beginning to walk down the corridor.

"Come on, then. You don't want to get caught outside the classroom, do you?" He called out to me without looking back.

I smiled slightly before taking a look around as quickly I caught up, returning to a normal pace on the left of him. As I walked beside him, I breathed in the scent of the pastry Draco had given me.

"What's in this?" I asked, examining it.

"It's a chicken pastie," He answered simply.

My mouth watered at his answer. I took a bite, making a satisfied sound, clearly audible as Draco looked down at me, nodding at my reaction, "Good?"

"Mmm," I hummed through my full mouth. I looked up to Draco, giving him a closed mouth smile, my cheeks full. I inhaled the pastie. I hadn't realised how hungry I was after the mixing I'd done in the Potions room.

He looked at me perplexed for a moment and then looked forward, "So you've been selling potions to students."

I whipped my head around quickly, covering my mouth with my hand before I spoke, "Shh, not so loud!"

"Calm down," he replied. He gestured in front of us, drawing my attention to where we were walking, "Nobody's around."

I took in the scenery in front of us. Draco had led us to the exit towards the school grounds, near the path to Hagrid's hut. He was right, nobody was around besides a few students sitting in a circle on the grass in the distance. We continued to walk outside, the cool air hitting my cheeks.