1 - Leaving So Soon?

Picking off from the end of 15 Years Later....

Short summary of ending points from the other book: Greed had managed to not only accidentally ruin Edward's night, but to also find a new lead, who oh-so happened to be the sole survivor of his past fa-no. His past group of Chimeras.

--------------

It was chaos; the whole introducing-Kota-to-the-others business, especially after they heard all the yelling from inside the other's house.

Ugh, nothing ever lets me do things easily.

Not only had the boy - now man (but not to Greed; never to Greed) - threatened them, kicked them out and cursed them, but he had also shown unique abilities that could potentially have them all killed within seconds. 

Still, Greed should have known that the little Pipsqueak was all for that. Within moments of a curtly crude explanation of Kota's reasons for a), looking all cutesy and fluffy and b), so defensive, Edward, who had been glaring daggers before, had perked up at the words, "... he's not harmless, but...". Greed should have known that he would take it the wrong way. Edward took it as a sign to test Kota. 

Kota; a chimera

A terrible idea.

Within moments, the snow leopard was hidden atop of the wardrobe,  

And just like that, an unspoken acceptance was created. 

-----------------------

It took only minutes for Kota to relax. Not fully, (the pipsqueak brought on a bad vibe, something karma-related) but it was a start. Greed had also started relaxing...

"When will you tell me your actual intentions?"

Until that question dropped. 

"Heh. I don't remember you being so straightforward. Something in your tea, snowflake?"

"Remains."

True to his words, all that was left in Kota's cup were the remains of tea leaves and petals. Greed smirked.

"Still clever with words." 

"Still dodging questions."

Even after the jab, Greed's face stayed smiling.

"Alright," Kota sighed, getting straight to the unspoken point. "The philosophers' stone allows for equivalent exchange to be overridden. So I want to know why," grey eyes flittered over to pierce Edward's, "would you need it?"

The blond, while remaining defensive, begrudgingly gave in. "It's...a long story."

Kota raised a brow, gesturing to the abundance of books littering (actually, littering) his house's living space.

"Try me."

---------(the next day)--------

"So...you think we scared him off?"

Edward stood beside their ride. Their group of rebels were preparing their horses and wagon. It was a faster, and safer, method of transportation until they reached any cities.