Epilogue

Katherine

It's been a month since my sweet Killy surprised me with the house he decided to buy for us. I can openly say I've never been this happy. This life, this happiness I'm feeling, is like something out of a dream. Barely a year ago I was still with Gloria, dreading the day Bernard would crawl back into our lives like he always did. I was struggling to make the ends meet, I was worried I wouldn't have enough money to pay the bills, to put food on the table, even though I was working three jobs at the time.

Now though... Now I'm working at a place I really like, under a boss that is more like a grandma to me, with people that are really friendly and most importantly... close to Killy.

Jen's diner is exactly ten minutes from our house, which is extremely convenient. I no longer have to get up so early to drive an hour to work and I can spend this time with my sweet Killian.

Every day, Killy drives me to work, giving me a deep kiss right before I enter the diner, which always earns me curious looks from the guests inside and a coo from Jen. She's been teasing me and Killy all the time, calling us adorable and asking about 'little bikers'. The implication behind her words was not lost to me, since every time she mentioned that, she would look at my stomach.

The same stomach that's gotten a little bigger over the last few weeks.

I'm getting fat...

I pat my stomach gently then wrap myself in a big towel before going back to my and Killy's bedroom to get dressed to work. Differently than in Taliano, my last job, Jen isn't exactly strict when it comes to dress code. I don't have to wear perfectly ironed dress shirts and skirts anymore and can go to work in simple jeans and casual shirts. Lately I've started wearing more baggy clothes, though, to hide my growing tummy. I don't want anyone to see it.

Once I'm dressed up in an oversized long-sleeved shirt and a pair of black yoga pants, I go to the kitchen, where my Killy Bear is making breakfast. Judging by the delicious smell wafting through the house, Killian is making pancakes with fresh strawberry syrup. Yummy.

I quietly tip-toe to my man then throw my arms around his bare torso, giving him a tight hug as I press a kiss to the taut tanned skin of his back. Killian only chuckles quietly, not at all startled by my sudden move, then turns around to give me a quick kiss. "Take a seat, Cupcake, the food will be ready in a moment."

"You say that every day." I laugh, snuggling into him as he cooks.

"And it still doesn't work." Killy mumbles, shaking his head in amusement. He's right. He keeps telling me to sit down and patiently wait for him to serve me my food, but I never listen. I keep my arms around him as he cooks, happily watching the magic happen. There's just something about having a man cook that brings me immense pleasure. Especially when the man is none other than my hot as hell Killian. My gorgeous man has a habit of walking shirtless around the house, even though it's only early March now. No matter how cold it gets outside, our house is always comfortably warm, so both Killy and I don't have to wear thick clothes inside.

And I love it. I can ogle and grope my Killy's body as much as I want. Oh god, I sound like a creep.

After Killy is done making the pancakes, he gently takes my arms off his stomach, pressing a kiss to my cast that has to stay for two more weeks, much to my displeasure, then he leads me to the table and sets me on the chair. "Wait here." He instructs before dishing out the food and bringing the plates. I've learned a while ago to not get in his way when he spoils me, but it doesn't mean I don't do anything. Just like Killy prepares our breakfast, I make dinner. He cleans, I do laundry. We share all the chores evenly, since we're equals. Although that will probably change soon...