Raised differently- 1

Thirteen year old Masha sees her mother keep two eggs on her elder brother's plate and one on hers.

"Why do I get one and Madhan gets two, Mama?" She asks furiously.

"Because he needs it more than you." Her mother replies warily.

"Like he needs more of the fish and the mutton and the chicken and everything." Masha complains.

"Sshh, don't talk back like that to your mother. Eat your food before it gets cold." Her mother warns.

Twenty year old Masha sees her brother gushing over his new motorbike.

"How come I don't get a scooter and he does, Papa? I'm older than him and I need it just like him." Masha asks worriedly.

"It's not safe for you to travel alone, my dear. If you want to go somewhere, I can take you and now your brother can drive you too. I thought this would have made you happy since you always complain about walking to the bus stop with me." Her dad replies assuringly.

Twenty three year old Masha sees her brother's girlfriend hugging her Mother .

"Is it fair that I'm not even allowed to be friends with boys and he can bring his girlfriend to our house? " Masha asks angrily to her mother.

"The world doesn't talk about a guy but is always waiting to hear about a girl. Do you want to be their topic of conversation?" Her mother asks with disdain.

Thirty year old Masha sits at the dinner table while everyone congratulates her.

"We would have drowned in debt if it weren't for your wit and determination." Her brother said with gratitude.

"Yes, Masha. We are so proud of you to keep this family running, now that Madhan has lost his job." Her mother gushed happily.

"I hope I can have two eggs now." Masha said with a hint of enthusiasm.

"You can have all the eggs you want. I wish I gave you extra eggs instead of your brother. We all know that ended pointlessly." Her mother chuckled nervously.

"No need to be rude, Mama. I never wanted special or extra attention, only equal attention." Masha said smiling at her mother.

______________

A/N

How many of your parents treated you differently than your male siblings?

I'd be happy to hear your thoughts.