Chapter 1: Illean

The brightly lit street shone bright with enough to expel the darkness from the town. The street was quite except for the sound of music emanating from a bar. The people seemed happy enough dancing, singing, conversing with the people around them but with all of that hung a feeling of dread. 

"News travels fast around these parts" said a drunk old man talking to a group of adventures 

"So what killed them" one the adventurers said with a high pitched squeal the man opened his mouth to tell them when suddenly the door slammed open. A person wearing a long purple cloak that easily concealed their face, entered the bar and sat down next to the old man. The man looked at the strange person then turned back to the adventurers. 

"You shouldn't be telling stories like that" Said the hooded figure interupting the drunk man "You know what happens to stories in Vale". The figures voice was soft, sweet and innocent.

"I know fully well what happens to stories in Vale" Said the man feeling quite insulted

"Then why tell them, why tell these young gentleman about what happened that night" Argued the figure

The man turned red and violently stood up. 

"Who do you think you are telling me what to do?" He cried. The other tenants looked round watching carefully at what the drunk man would do next. 

The figure turned it's head.

"Well I'm your worst nightmare of cause" The figure politely said

The old man raised his fist but before he could do anything his body fell the the floor in two separate pieces. The figure pulled down it's hood revealing the face of a girl around 15 in age with ruby red hair and deep jade eyes. She wore a jet black dress obviously not suited for fighting.

The other tenants looked at her. Their eyes transfixed on her and her now blood stained rapier.The adventurers looked at the dead man on the floor frightened about what she might do next.

"W-w-who are you?" One said despite his nerves 

The young girl turned to him and smiled politely "Why my names Illean" She said "Sorry for killing your friend, He enraged me" 

Illean stood up and walked to the door she was almost out the bar when a tall, dark haired man wearing steel armour grabbed her and pulled he back in.

"That's it, you think after killing that man you could just leave" He bellowed 

"In a matter of fact I do" She smiled and looked dead at him "And whos going to stop me"

The man was able to only just touch the tip of his blade before his neck was savagly sliced open.

"Anyone else going to stop me?" She asked. No one replied. "Exactly what I thought"

And with that she left. Leaving tenants startled and the bar keep to clean up two puddles of crimson blood.