Chapter 3: Gladiine Desert

The desert was hot under the gleaming sun, that made the sand look as red a blood. Ahin looked over at the desert wondering if they could ever cross as it.

Ahin stood on one of the many rock formations that were scattered along the desert. He wore a light brown layered upon a green shirt, he had two black guns holstered in the inner side of his jacket. His bright white hair reflected the light of the sun whilst his blue eyes gazed into the distance.

"AHIN GET DOWN FROM THERE!!" Shouted Tylin "WE ARE ABOUT TO CROSS THE CANYON"

Ahin jumped down the rock and landed next to the 14 year old boy that had just shouted up at him. He stared at the trade car as it slowly drove past him.

"I don't know about this" Ahim said worried "Gladiine desert is close enough to Midriin that the Hussar Bragade can make it here in no time at all" 

"I'm sure it will be fine their horses would never survive the heat" Tylin explained "Without them they couldn't chrage us so they've lost on that front"

"Okay fine, I still think this is a bad Idea little brother" Ahim said bitterly

"You don't have to like the idea" Tylin said as he turned around to follow the trade car, Ahim looked behind at the way they had just come from before following Tylin.

Walking through the desert was hard to do, the sand kept shifting, changing as if it was trying to split up the group. 

"If the sand keeps acting like this we'll never reach the other side" Ahim exclaimed 

"They're many stories about this desert my boy" Said a man next to him

"Oh, really?" Ahim asked moving his hand inside his jacket "Please tell me more"

"For instance a group of travelers just like us were crossing the desert" The man said "The sunlight burned their skin and the sand shifted under their feet"

"Interesting" Ahim said as he moved his hand closer to his gun

"The group found it hard to walk over the sand" The man continued "Eventually the sand had the group right where it wanted them" 

Suddenly. The trade cars wheel was pulled into the sand, the sand rose up and grabbed one of the group members legs they were violently pulled down into the sand. Ahim took out his gun and shot the man through the chest, the man smiled as the bullet hole instantaneously healed.