Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"Come on!" she called after him weaving her way inbetween the cows when she came to one that didn't like her, she liked her as a calf but now the cow wasn't to keen on Dominika. Even when she was a calf she rammed her in the stomache! "Uh oh..." she said backing away. Max pricked his ears. She carried on backing away and the cow just stared at her, she gulped and made a run for it, Malina sped after her (the cow). Max barked at her and then ran after Dominika. Eventually they got to the wire that seperated the cows from the road and marked the pasture,"Okay we're safe", said Dominika and walked back down the road closing in on the bushes as a car went past. They walked back home and sat on the grass Dominika's second dog Pickle barking like mad wanting to be let loose. "Oh shhh", said Dominika and laughed as Pola lept onto her lap. Max sniffed her and she hissed ,"You too?! What's happening to you guys?" she joked as Pola looked up at her, her brown eyes levelled with Dominika's. She sighed and heaved herself up to tie Max up again. Once she did that she went back inside for dinner,"Whats for dinner?" she asked hunger showing in her eyes. "Soup", answered her nan. She sighed and walked into the next room to go on the computer only to find her annoying cousin using it,"Get off its my turn!" she said raising her voice a little,"No!" answered her annoying,little cousin. Angrily Dominika lifted her off of the chair and sat on it,"OFF!" she said raising her voice more. Her cousin burst into tears but she did not care.She played on it for about an hour. Dominika then got off grabbed her coat and her shoes, shoved them on and ran outside,"I'm going to the cows!" she yelled unclipped her dogs and ran to the collect the cows with her neighbour. She met up half way with her neighbour, "Your a bit late", said her neighbour, Dominika gave her a doubtful looked and said", Kinga was giving me a hard time", she then put on a flat expression and walked on. Joyfully her neighbour laughed and told her,"She's young don't be surprised". Dominika looked at her,"She's a brat", she said."Hey don't say that", answered her neighbour,"Don't act like you don't know", Dominika laughed at her neighbour acting to be innocent. The dogs ran on with her neighbours 2 dogs and splashed around in the stream."I wonder what their thinking", said Dominika. "Wierd thoughts", answered her neighbour and they herded the cows to the cow shed. Dominika sat on a chair next to the sink in the barn, a thought struck her like lightning, she reminded herself of her uncle and remembered when he used to take her to this place. She wanted to cry, she couldn't believe that he died, it wasn't possible, he would visit her in her dreams... see her, it made her want to leap in joy and hug him, if only he was here...She knew he had to be delicate with her cousin for her uncle was her dad, but she didn't care about the little devil that gave a black eye, she hated her and didn't care if she was upset for she put her in greater pain than anyone else...the fact that she didn't want to cry and die on the spot when her father was mentioned. She had a bitter heart and Dominika knew that, who wouldn't want to cry at the memory of a someone they trusted and loved with all their heart that had died? Kinga was annoying and a blackmailer, if she didn't get something she would cry... and yell... take her anger out on people by annoying them constantely making them to hit her with all their might, but the adults wouldn't allow it.They wouldn't fight back. It heart-breaking to think that she saw him stab himself and doesn't cry at the mentioning...Her neighbour called her to milk a cow so she got up and went to do it.

Max sat outside looking out at the road. Pirat sat next to him panting while Pickle ran around on the road on the grass he didn't care, he was a country dog, he could do WHATEVER he wanted.

Dominika milked the cow while she swished her tail in Dominika's face,"Quit it!" she laughed as the cow swatted her in the face.The cow carried on eating her hay,"You okay?" asked her neighbour, Dominika gave her a unnconvinsed look,"I'll take that as a yes", said the neighbour answering herself.She carried on milking the cow and then finished,"Done", she told her neighbour and ran to the haybales.Dominika was going home in 5 weeks and wanted to make the most of her holiday in her homeland.