WAHIDA CLARK PRESENTS

The Ultimate Sacrifice I

WAHIDA CLARK PRESENTS PUBLISHING, LLC.

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents either are the product of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, business establishments, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.

Wahida Clark Presents Publishing

134 Evergreen Place

Suite 305

East Orange, New Jersey 07018

973-678-9982

www.wclarkpublishing.com

Copyright 2010 © by Anthony Fields.

All rights reserved. This book, or parts thereof, may not be reproduced in any form without permission.

The Ultimate Sacrifice

ISBN 13-digit 978-0-9818545-8-8

ISBN 10-digit 0-9818545-8-3

Library of Congress Catalog Number

1. Urban, D.C., Hip-Hop, African American, – Fiction

Cover design and layout by Oddball Dsgn

Book design by Oddball Dsgn

Edited by JPC

Printed in United States

Dedication

This book is dedicated to my mother, Deborah Ann Wiseman, who departed this life on August 5, 2008. Shedding tears does not stop the constant ache in my heart. I never got the chance to tell you I love you before you went away. So I say that now and hopefully you'll hear it. I LOVE YOU, MA! Rest in peace, baby girl.

In loving memory of Deborah Wiseman

(March 29, 1953 – August 5, 2008)

Acknowledgements

First and foremost, all praise is due to Allah, the creator of all the worlds. When all people fade away, He is always there. I pray that one day Allah makes me a better Muslim. A better father, uncle, brother, lover, friend and overall person.

I have to say a few words to the woman who stood by my side for the majority of this bid-Lashawn Wilson. True love is hard to find, but I've found that in you. I have loved you since the first moment I saw you 17 years ago. As the years go by and our connection is tested more and more, just know that I love you more than my own life. You are a wonderful mother, a beautiful woman and a true testament to that old school love. Your resilience inspires me and your strength impresses me. I only have a few more years to go. Stick around for awhile and it will all be greater later. I love you. And no, the character named Shawnay is not you. Her similarities are purely coincidental. I love you. Give my love my love to the girls.

To my children- Kevin Grover, Destinee Wilson, Aniyah Fields and Amari Fields, I love each and every one of you with all my heart. Daddy will be home one day. Just know that everything I am is you. Everything I do is for you all. I love ya'll.

To my stepmother- Gloria Mason, your support is so special to me. When I was home, I never understood just how much you meant to me. I took you for granted and I'm sorry for that. You are the embodiment of real black love. The way you stood beside my father until his dying day has endeared you to me forever. You epitomize strong black womanhood and I pray that Allah sends me a wife who is just like you. I love you Poochie with all my heart.