chapter 1

Chapter 1

Skylars pov:

I lay there on the floor of my living room I can’t move. I’m in too much pain. I’m grateful its finally over for today. Or so I thought, my step-dad grabs me by my hair and drags me out into the woods and throws me against a tree. He pins me there by a knife in each of my shoulders. I stay silent as he pushes them in. If I talk or scream he only gets even more pissed.

He’s standing there looking at me; I see the sadistic glint in his eye. He is thinking of different ways to try and get me to scream. Over the past 2 years I have not made a sound during the abuse. So he tries to get me to break down my barriers. It hasn’t worked so far.

He’s getting ready to cut me again when a silver wolf jumps out of the bushes and bites into his jugular. I watch in amusement as he gets his windpipe ripped out and starts bleeding out. I know that he is dead so I rip both knives out of my shoulders and watch as they heal and walk over to him and kick him once, making him fly into a tree.

You see I’m not a normal human. I’m a hybrid, part vampire, part werewolf, and a little part witch.

I smirk at my dead tormentor and turn around and make my way back to my house. I could have killed that man seeing as he is human but that would bring suspicion onto the supernatural world so I couldn’t. I walk into my room and pack a few bags with clothes/toiletries and grab my phone and charger. I looked at the door to see the wolf standing there with worry and concern in his eyes. I sniffed the air and narrowed my eyes at him.

“you know you can shift back I know you’re a werewolf. I don’t bite……much” I laughed evilly. He turned back and I threw a pair of sweats and a tee-shirt at him that I had left over from my one friend.

Once he was changed he looked at me with curiosity. I laughed “hello nice to meet my mate finally, but I have to go.” I walked past him and down the stairs I was at the door when he finally spoke. “WAIT! Your my mate you need to come back to the pack house with me. Oh and my name is Dylan”

“Skylar and I can’t I have things I must take care of maybe another day” he growled at me when I was about to take a step out of the door. I looked at him “you’re an alpha. And your used to being bowed down to. You don’t know me. So ill go with you but once we are done with the meet and greet I need to do some stuff.” I walked out of the house with him on my heel.

I put my bags into my white Ferrari that had tinted-and bullet proof-windows (http://www.flickr.com/photos/alexsmolik/5100090713/) and jumped into the driver’s side and waited for him to climb in. “how did you get this?” he asked me with an awestruck look on his face. I smirked “oh a little compulsion. It’s always helpful.” He looked at me.

“what are you?”

“I’m a hybrid. 50% werewolf 40% vampire and 10% witch. It’s very fun. I have the speed, strength, and senses of a were and vampire combined. No blood lust, though I have to feed once a week from a blood bag that I steal from the hospital to stay alive. I can shift. I have fangs. No scent unless I chose to, like if I get kidnaped. That’s about it I think.” I said as I sped down the road towards the pack grounds. He looked a little nervous at the speed I was going. I laughed he looked at the road then back to me.

“how do you know which way to go?” he asked and sounded really confused.

I smirked “well I have a few friends I had to drive to your house to see if they could join your pack. And I have a photographic memory I remember everything that has ever happened to me.” He nodded. The rest of our trip was spent in silence.

We pulled up to the house and every one stopped what they were doing to look at the car. They all wanted to know who was in it. I rolled my eyes and got out. I walked into the house and stopped in the dining room sniffed the air and smirked.

“MIKE! ANDREW! LYON! TIMMY! AND DAN! PLEASE REPORT! LETS GO ANTHONY ISNT A PAITIENT MAN!!!” by the end of my ‘rant’ all 5 of them were standing in front of me out of breath I kept my face straight “Report! Lets go what have you learned?!? Or do I have to phone Anthony and tell him you know nothing!”

“NO NO NO! We have learned that they are planning it for four days from now at midnight and they have guns and knives at the same capability as ours!” mike said. I nodded, by now a little crowd had formed and was listening to our little interaction. “Very well, you are dismissed.” They nodded but didn’t move.

“what?”

“why else are you here skylar?” Timmy asked. I looked at him.

“I found my mate boys.” I stated. All of a sudden Lilly came barreling into the room “WHO!? WHEN?!” she screamed while jumping onto me. I raised my eyebrow and nodded my head in the direction of Dylan. Her eyes widened “NO WAY HOW ARE YOU NOT FLIPPING OUT RIGHT NOW!?” I gave her a cold look.

“you know exactly why Lilly” I growled. She backed away fear flashing in her eyes “yeah sorry sky I didn’t mean it like that.”

I shrugged “it doesn’t matter he’s dead. Now I need to call Anthony” with that I walked away and pulled out my phone and called Anthony.