"Your wife is hospitalized and the first person you called for is me? The very reason she's here?"

Irina felt drowsy.

"I do not know who to call."

Karasuma! Irina opened her eyes. The white ceiling and the bright light blinded her momentarily.

"Irina?"

She looked at her side and saw her husband looking down on her. She felt him caressed her hair. She smirked at the sight of her husband.

Wearing yesterday's clothes, he looked unkempt. This is the first time she saw him looked like the world fell on him and it's sexually appealing to her.

"My, my, dear husband." She goaded. "You are a mess!"

"Nevermind that. How are you feeling? The doctors refused to tell me what happened to you."

"Which I have been telling him is not possible."

Irina remembered suddenly that her husband was talking to someone and the voice was very familiar.

Her eyes darted to Sayuri who was sitting on the sofa.

"Sayuri, " she called.

"Thank the gods you are awake!" Sayuri exclaimed.

"Huh?"

"Your husband called me in the middle of an appetizing meal." Irina squinted her eyes. Something about what Sayuri said did not sink on her. Her words felt like it means something else.

A knock was heard and the doctor that made Karasuma's blood boil entered.

"Good morning, " the doctor greeted.

"Oh, it truly is a good morning handsome, " Irina greeted back. Karasuma glared at Irina who was staring at the doctor.

The doctor cleared his throat,

"I am Shinichi Shinrai, "

"Irina. You can call me yours."

Dr. Shinrai cleared his throat uncomfortably. If glares could kill he would have dropped dead.

"Mrs. Karasuma, the information I am about to share is a private matter. Would you like to talk privately or..." Dr. Shinrai offered.

Sayuri frowned until she realized something. She thought Karasuma was lying when he said that the doctor denied him but seeing it firsthand made her realize something.
In cases like this, the reason why a medical profession wishes to talk to the woman involved even though their husband is present is because of one thing. Pregnancy.

Irina is pregnant!

"Oh dear, congratulations!" Sayuri exclaimed clapping while the couple stared at her bewildered and the doctor looking away.

"What we're you saying Dr. Shinrai?" Irina asked. "You can tell us, what is wrong?"

"Uhm, yes. You said you actually throw up 2-4 times a day and you always feel exhausted right?"

"Yes. For three months."

"For three months, " Dr. Shinrai repeated.

"Am I dying? Is it cancer?"

"No, Mrs. Karasuma. It is not cancer. According to your tests, you are pregnant and that you are suffering Hyperemesis Gravidarium."

"That sounds dubious."

"No, it actually extreme morning sickness in other words."

"Wait, you were throwing up 2-4 times a day these last three months and I know nothing of it?!" Karasuma asked.

Sayuri watched the couple bicker while the doctor stood there unsure of what to do.